Question about scores

mamapinson

Usually the middle. your case maybe an average. It depends. Sub-600 is usually not so good and may not get you qualified for conventional, you'd be subprime at best.

What's those scores from the three CRA's? Those FAKO scores from the CRA websites?

FRom true credit,on each report.Thanks

SCORES from 3 cra's are 596/576/597 fico is 623 Which of these do they go buy for a mortgage,and if its your middle credit score,what good is the fico score?Thanks

what I see it looks like your mid score is 596.

Thanks,but whats the fico score for,why dont they just use your middle score from the 3 cra's?

Hi,

I have a question concerning this topic as well. Is it better to get the credit scores/reports individually from each CRA? If I purchase each of them through myfico.com is that akin to a 3-in-1 where there may be a lag time in reporting? What is the best option? I have seen posts concerning each and just want a way that is the most accurate for me to check every 3 months or so. We are wanting to purchase a house by the end of this year.

Thanks in advance!

Tara:D

Because those scores are fake, you should use them just to see where you're at after you start cleaning up your credit. There's no need to pay for something that nobody else is going to use (ie: each CRA has their own scoring criteria) just to see your score jump 5 or 10 points.

If you want to really see where you're at, go to myfico.com THAT's your one and only REAL FICO score. Do a search (search button's above) on Discount Code and you can get it a little cheaper.

Because those scores are fake, you should use them just to see where you're at after you start cleaning up your credit. There's no need to pay for something that nobody else is going to use (ie: each CRA has their own scoring criteria) just to see your score jump 5 or 10 points.

If you want to really see where you're at, go to myfico.com THAT's your one and only REAL FICO score. Do a search (search button's above) on Discount Code and you can get it a little cheaper.

I talked to a mortgage company this morning,and he told me that they would use my middle score frome the 3 cra's,in my case a 596.He said the score from my fico.com meant nothing,so what is the score from my fico about,what does it mean,what is it used for?? Confused!

The scores from myfico "most closely" represent the scores that some lenders look at. Each type of lender may have its own formula ie. A mortgage broker will have a different number then an auto company. The numbers on myfico do fit more closely with these type lenders.

Good luck

FICO: stands for Fair Isaac & Company - they came up with the secret equations to calculate creditworthiness.

FAKO: each CRA has their own idea of what makes up creditworthiness. Using the basic FICO formula, they throw in their own twist. This is why all three scores you get vary so much.

myfico.com: This is Fair Isacc & Company's site. If you want your real FICO score, this is it.

Like pooh said, lenders have their own formulas too. So your smartypants mortgage person was only 1/2 right. The other 1/2 is the FAKO score you get from the CRA's may not match the one they get to do a mortgage.

Hi,

I have a question concerning this topic as well. Is it better to get the credit scores/reports individually from each CRA? If I purchase each of them through myfico.com is that akin to a 3-in-1 where there may be a lag time in reporting? What is the best option? I have seen posts concerning each and just want a way that is the most accurate for me to check every 3 months or so. We are wanting to purchase a house by the end of this year.

Thanks in advance!

Tara:D

Purchasing through the 3 CRA is irrevelant. We pull a tri-merge. Ignore Fako (Fake) and only concern yourself with your mid-score.