Is there a black ball list?

Kennedy

• 2 weeks later...
If you mean being thrown into their "Special Handling Department", then yes, it exists, and you can end up there just by standing up for your rights under the FCRA.

That also happens to people who make lots of threats (but never follow through with them)...

I would be firm with the CRAs but I wouldn't make it look like I was going to sue them UNLESS I had actually intended to do so...

I have never gone that far to make threats and I have still gotten my entire credit report cleaned up... removing judgements, tax liends, collections, late payments, defaulted student loans, etc...

And I never saw the need for that because I always figured that this was a waiting game and I had to wear out these jokers, which is what I did...

If you mean being thrown into their "Special Handling Department", then yes, it exists, and you can end up there just by standing up for your rights under the FCRA.

Yes I am in special handling with one bureau. I love it. I get a specific actual American to talk to after being re-routed back from India when I dispute by phone. I suppose it means that if this person is sick one day I have to call back another day.

Other than that some lenders keep an internal black ball list if you BK or default on an accounts. I know Amex does this.

Other than that some lenders keep an internal black ball list if you BK or default on an accounts. I know Amex does this.

Yup. And not just for BKs. AMEX keeps track of accounts settled for less than full balance too. I got a settlement letter from them stating they would require me to pay the unpaid portion if I ever wanted to apply for another AMEX card. I suppose this would apply only so long as the SoL has not expired, but who knows with those rat-bastiges.