Just received one dispute back--have a question

ctnmkp

Hello,

I just received my Experian credit report back. I have one question concerning this--

On the report are my 2 Providian credit card accounts, both of which were included in my BK and are being listed as such. No problem there. However, there is a collection account, "S and A Service of Watertown, NY" also listed as "Schreiber and Associates." The problem is, this is the collection agency for one of the Providian accounts. So, can I have a negative item listed twice for the same account (once for the OC and again for a CA)? Is this a dumb question? I did try and dispute it--it even says "Included in bankruptcy" on the collection, but gives the wrong date. Help!:)

Tara :shock:

it can be double listed both by the OC and by any number of creditors. however when the OC is no longer collecting on it it should be marked "sold" or along those lines. Also the same for when a CA sells the debt to another CA. if it lists open on both... start disputing some more :)

Good Luck