Sign in to follow this  
demoncasterouter

How do ya like this DV letter?

The company here sent me a dunning letter, and claimed that the first company was their "client", thereby trying to make me believe that the first company is a creditor, instead of a debt collector (DECEPTIVE....). This is on two debts that went past the SOL when I was in my 20's. Both companies are CA's and owned by the same guy. So I had a little more leverage here, and I just let 'em have it! Enjoy:

Demoncasterouter

123 Anywhere street

Middleof, TX. 99999

Deceptivejerks Inc.

999 Webuyolddebt Blvd.

Wherever, USA 00000

1-13-2006

Re: Alleged Acct. #’s: 30303030303 and 4040404040

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me from your company. Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (B) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

I am also advising you that attempting to claim that Scumbucketsiswe is your “client”, is false and misleading. You are attempting to persuade consumers to believe that Scumbucketsiswe is something other than what they are: a debt collection company. Richard Cranium is the Principal for both of these companies, which are collection agencies. The FDCPA strictly forbids this type of deception in debt collection.

I suggest you check with federal and state laws. Then I suggest you discontinue any and all further pursuit of this alleged debt, before I am forced to bring suit against Scumbucketsiswe and Deceptivejerks Inc, for violating the FDCPA twice and the Texas Debt Collection Act twice as well.

This is an attempt to correct your records and your debt collection practices, and any further attempt at collection without full validation, will result in action taken against you in federal court.

Sincerely,

Demoncasterouter, you worst nightmare! And I'm comin' to cast the demons out of your company!

It is short and to the point, but, to me, if the debts are timebarred, why bother with the DV. Myself, I would word it to show the debts are timebarred, and you are fully aware of this, and the laws pertianing to SOL debts, and that, if they do not go eat Maggot Droppings, you will sue. In short, send them packing. And, be sure to add, that they must respond within 10 days of receipt of your letter, in writing, that they have closed, deleted, and gone.

I concure...if the debts are past the SOL and you have no intention of paying, then you I don't see that you gain anything by going through the DV process...I'd simply send a C&D letter.

That aside, are you 100% certain that the "client" doe not, in fact now own the debt?

I belive that if they are now the debt holder (regardless of what person owns what company) then it's quite possible that the CA contacting you is technically operating within the framework of a Client/Collection Agency arrangement. If so, I would not see any deception here.

A CA is required to properly ID themselves and who they work for. By only saying their name and it is in regards to a debt owed to ????, this is deceptive. They must state who they work for, who they represent, and how much is owed. If they are a JDB, they are to properly ID themselves as such.

I didn't say anything about the debts being old, etc., as to not admit anything about the debts, just in case they decided that they wanted to further shoot themselves in the foot.

As far as who they work for, this is another company that is set up to mask as a creditor (the original CA), and then have another CA say that they are representing them, so they can pull some crap. Similar to the NCO/MEDCLR thing we had going around here a few years ago.