4 years SOL & DV question

Hi, I'm a noobie to credit repair and to this board. I'm a little confused about SOLs. I'm in Texas and the SOL is 4 years. Does that mean that I should wait after 4 years to send a DV to a CA, or before the 4 years are over?

Also, I just received a letter from American Medical Collection Agency (AMCA) for a medical bill. They have sent numerous letters before and says:

"CREDIT AT RISK-In previous correspondence, we informed you of your obligation to pay the $XXX.XX you owe to our client, XXXXXXXX for the following charges....If you have insurance, we will not accept your claim form. It is now your responsibility to make full payment by 01/23/06. Any insurance claim is your repsonsibility to negotiate with your carrier. Mail your payment to us with the bottom of this letter now."

They are licensed in New York and North Carolina.

Would it be advisable to send the following DV? I know this debt is mine and I could pay this in a couple months if necessary, I'm hoping this DV will buy some time and keep it from being reported to the CB's.

"This letter is being sent to you in response to (a letter I recently received/an entry in my credit file). Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15USC1692g(B) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

In accordance with the above statute(s), I am asking that you prove that you have the correct debtor, the correct balance and that you are legally authorized to collect this debt, by providing documentation establishing the following:

• Name and address of Original Creditor

• Name, address and account number on file for alleged debtor

• Amount of alleged debt

• Date that this alleged debt became payable

• Date that the account originally became delinquent

• Verifiable proof that I have a contractual obligation to pay your firm.

• Any agreement that bears my signature, wherein I agreed to pay the creditor.

• A copy of all statements while this account was open.

• Any documents that grant your organization the authority to collect this alleged debt.

If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information. According to the law, you must cease all collection activity on this account until the above information is sent to me. All correspondence shall be in writing. At no time shall you call me at my place of employment. Also be advised that, should you call me at any other location, all telephone calls will be recorded.

I wish to thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide in this matter."

Is this also like a C&D? Would they probably sue me?