enough to sue?

Sue for what ?? Failure to validate ??

The FDCPA does NOT say they EVER have to validate. What it does say is that if you dispute within the initial 30-day period they must mark the account as disputed and they must cease collections until they DO validate. If your DV letter was sent AFTER the 30-day dispute period, they do NOT have to cease collections.

Sue for what ?? Failure to validate ??

The FDCPA does NOT say they EVER have to validate. What it does say is that if you dispute within the initial 30-day period they must mark the account as disputed and they must cease collections until they DO validate. If your DV letter was sent AFTER the 30-day dispute period, they do NOT have to cease collections.

It is a paid collection so they are not pursuing the account any longer. If the letter was sent after the initial 30 day period, do they still have to mark it as disputed?

Doesn't FACTA require that CAs respond to you and that they notify you (within 30 days) whenever they are reporting negative info to CRAs? or does it only apply to OCs?

Ok... I just re-read FACTA and CAs are also considered financial institutions.

What I couldn't find are the penalties for failiure to comply.

Can someone point me in the right direction?