slynbrown

Should I pay collection not reporting on CR ?

Depends. Need more information.

Even if I did pay it, I would do so with a signed document stating they will not sell, transfer or reassign the debt, and that they will never list it on a CR. Evne if you get that, nothing prevents the OC from listing it.

You CAN pay it BUT MAKE SURE you get something in writing (agreement) from the CA that they will never report this account after payment in full to any credit bureau. You have to get this agreement BEFORE you make any payments! In addition - when you mail the check - attach a letter that this check is in regards to account XXX and the previous agreement dated YYY (attach a copy just in case they suffer from memory-loss.. :lol: ) that no derogatory info will be reported.

Print this text on the back of the check:

CASHING OF THIS CHECK REPRESENTS PAYMENT IN FULL

TO WHOM THE CHECK WAS ISSUED. CREDITOR AND/OR ITS

ASSIGNEE, AGENCY, COURT, LAWFIRM AGREE TO REMOVE

ANY AND ALL DEROGATORY INFORMATION PREVIOUSLY

REPORTED AGAINST SAID ACCOUNT BY SAID FIRM AND BY

SAID FIRMS ORIGINAL CLIENT AND CREDITOR WITHIN

10 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF TENDER. TENDERING OF THIS

INSTRUMENT SHALL INDICATE ACCEPTANCE OF THESE

AMENDED TERMS OF THE CARDHOLDER AGREEMENT

BETWEEN THE PARTIES. VOID IF RIGHTS RESERVED

(this text should be printed right under the signature-line. I used my simple HP-printer and it worked just fine. You simply have to try several times to find the right location and text-size. If the debt has nothing to do with a credit-card, delete the word "Cardholder")

This is called the "Westcap"-method and I actually managed to get an account removed from my Mum's reports using this "instrument".. 8-)

Just make sure you pay them in full which shouldn't be a big deal with $69.

I changed telephone service and moved about a year ago but I just received a letter last week from CA. I am worried b/c Allied just purchased a larger collection about 2 months ago and is reporting to CA and and if I contact them they will report the smaller debt as well. I will DV and dispute the larger debt (which is another issue) but I dont wont to have an issue with the smaller one becuase I can just pay the item.

I am not sure if I can contact OC becaue it was AT&T which was purchased by SBC which is my current service provider

It is still a fairly new account. the damage is already done. You can try the validation process and see how that works out. If you have the means to pay it, I would. Some people will dissagree with this, but either way you look at it you have at least 7 years. in 7 years that debt could be bought by a number of jdbs and they could all report. even though this is illegal. it could creat more of a hastle then it is worth

defeatCA-

What you are talking about is a restricted endorsement. That is not legal in some states. They can simply cash the check and the statement is not enforceable.

Well, I showed that to my attorney here in Florida and it was VERY legal. He actually recommended such an endorsement! Did you actually know that in some states CAs would lose the right to collect if they refuse the check?? This endorsement isn't illegal since they don't HAVE TO cash this check. It might be illegal if you try to pay them less than what you actually owe, and if you get in writing that they won't report to any CRA if you pay in full - what's wrong with that?? :?::?: