Scores

striper1970

Ladies and Gentleman,

Please help!!! I tried to refinance last week and my scores came back 575, 590 and 681. I had a BK 7 discharged last April. I was able to delete some of the bk accounts on all three bureus but i still have an average of 8 accounts in each. I only have one tradeline open which is a car loan and it shows on all credit reports as "paying as agree".I had my credit report pulled a few times but no more than 4 times so is not inquiries. all balances associated to the bk accounts are 0.

What can be causing such a big difference between 590 and 681? I need to get my score to at least 620...

Thanks everyone..

Without any other tradelines, that's going to be hard to do in a very short period. You didn't mention your timeframe, so I'm going to assume you'd like to do something in 6 months to a year.

I'd apply for a National City secured (call for app at 800-762-0974) to get a revolving tradeline as well (you'd probably also qualify for some store trades, such as Target, Chevron, etc.).

Ladies and Gentleman,

Please help!!! I tried to refinance last week and my scores came back 575, 590 and 681. I had a BK 7 discharged last April. I was able to delete some of the bk accounts on all three bureus but i still have an average of 8 accounts in each. I only have one tradeline open which is a car loan and it shows on all credit reports as "paying as agree".I had my credit report pulled a few times but no more than 4 times so is not inquiries. all balances associated to the bk accounts are 0.

What can be causing such a big difference between 590 and 681? I need to get my score to at least 620...

Thanks everyone..

THe fastest way to raise your score...

Get on somebody else cards as an AU. That will raise your scores over 50points! Start talking to your friends and family... In fact, it could raise your credit score higher because from the sounds of it you don't have any revolving accounts on your credit which is killing your score. Heck, it could raise your score 75+ like it did mean and many others I know.

How long does it take for AU to report?

Find out the "reporting date" from the cards you are added to and you will know exactly.

Let us know what happens...

God Bless,

Brad

The 681 is probably some kind of fako score. Upper 500's sounds right.

That is probably the TU score. TU changed their model recently and scores are ranged from 400 to 950 now. Score has to be over 800 to be considered "good." I found this out when I pulled my TU score this past friday. A 721 was considered "fair."

BK less than ayear ago? Don't count on getting approved except through non-conventional means. FHA won't even touch a consumer unless the BK is 24 months old...and that is government insured. Even if your scores were higher the BK is too fresh for all but the lowest of the mortgage lender tree. Right now you probably will have to take your lumps until April 2007 before you can expect any reasonable approvals.

Now if you can manage to get the BK off all 3 reports then you'd be able to get the lenders on board with no problems. If the BK shows on even one report, they will not be very good about it.

Been through it myself. Sucks.

You gotta have revolving accounts. The fastest way to get help for your score is the AU method like Brad suggested. Barring that, you will have to open up CC's yourself and wait while they age. You will get a little help in 6-12 mos, but really need more like 18 mos for your scenario.

BK should be a score-killer. No matter what you do, your scores will hit a glass ceiling as long as a BK shows, period! If a consumer files BK, that is a huge risk indicator. Risk is what the score is all about. There is no magic bullet...