I think I messed myself up !

plc0630

My company was taken over by First Data in "03". I lost 1/2 my income for 2yrs. It's a marketing job, so I didn't qualify for state asst. Single parent w/2 teens ,no child support (couldn't find him). It was ugly and painful. Recently I got the mortgage company to forestall my foreclosure, and the carnote will be rewrote this week, by budgeting and communication.Then, using my tax return,this wkknd, I pd off 2yrs worth of debt by settlement. I did it by myself; and, thought I did well negotiating the payments I could afford. b4 I saw ur post. On Monday, ALL my installments are going on ez pay automatically coming out of my account so I won't have to worry about missing another payment ever again. My budget plan is for 2yrs. I went from a score 732 to 358. How long will it take me to fix my credit again? 7 years?

another First Data victim... :evil: I'll take it you were in merchant services?

7 years is the length of time accurate negative information reported to your files remains on your files as long as it's reported.

The CRA's will have you believe, once it's on, it's there for good - which of course, is a lie.

So no, if you read through posts, you'll see the recovery period usually does not take a full 7 years.

Still my budget is wound so tight I can't afford any home repairs I need. The things I need done will need to be financed and my credit is so shot, i'll be years before I can replace the roof, furnace, and have my home rewired because of electrical problems. Are there any home improvemnt companies that will look at the whole situation individually.

If you're in that dire of a situation, I'd suggest at least looking at BK as an option. Even with a payment plan, it sounds like you're strapped.

You may also want to check around your community for assistance with your home improvement problems. Church groups are often very charitable and community-oriented, as are your local Boy Scouts who are looking for a project for their Eagle Scout (although I wouldn't suggest giving them the electrical work).

You may also want to check state or federal aid. I know a couple moms who had to use it - pride shouldn't come in the way of your family. It was just the temporary help they needed to get back on their feet.

I agree with DocDon. LOOK at BK. I was sort of in the same boat. I filed for divorce in June, lost my job in Aug. Lost my apartment in Sept. Xhusband took a 50% pay cut at his work in Sept. I've got a new job, but its much less than what I was making before. Its more sticky with you because you have a house. You should look at BK. If anything, you might get a better repayment if you don't qualify with the new laws. We moved back in with each other for financial reasons. Your children are older, so is it possible for you to get a roommate?

Hi, I'm rodeomom from Kansas, just filed BK and discharged, 3 kids, just 2 at home and getting ready to go thru a real nasty divorce. But enough about me. Let's talk about you and get you some help. I'm gonna let the more credit repair pro's help you with your credit report.

Let's see what i can do to help you with other services and help for your house.

Doc is right about considering BK.

What state are you in? Most states/cities have legal aid services. so i if you feel like make an appt. to talk with one of them re: BK. Fees are based off of income/dependants, etc.

My state has a program called "Weatherization Grants". The came in and weatherized my home, brand new furnace, I had been relying on wood heat for 4 yrs. They put me in touch with our states Emergency Repair Program (ERP). This program goes off income/need/dependants, etc. Is anyone handicapped or diabled in your home. This opens up other programs. Our ERP program can spend up to $5,000 per home. Weather ization is also up to $5,000 per home. When my soon to be ex started making more $, we then did not qualify, so they worked and put me in touch with a church organization to help with the new roof I desparately needed. I ended up paying less than $500.00 for a brand new roof. it was such a relief.

Threre are also other types of programs we can look into for your state.

I am so sorry you are going thru such rough tiimes, but we are all here to help you and I promise we will do all we can to help you thru this.

If you want to pm me with particulars or we can go that way or posthere. whatever YOU feel comfortable with.

I am here to help you anyway I can. I've been where you are and am slowly coming back up, you can come with me :wink:

CIC taught me credit repair and gave me the courage to do some life repair as well 8] don't give up, we're here!!

don't worry about what you may or may not have messed up on now. i did the same thing with some things before this site. and now i'm working to correct them.

did you pay off all of you cc's? what do you have left? sounds to me like you just have the house and car. if that's the case, i wouldn't try the bk. if you have a lot more than that, then a bk would be the way out so to speak. if you set up ez pay installments for cc's then i would stop them. you will have time to get back on your feet and fight with them before they pull out their big guns. which is sell you account to another collector.. :D you should pay the the house and car first. you need both to live and work.

you should be able to get some assistance for the child support. your local child support services can help with that. they pay you, then they go after the dad. i know a few people doing that now. and like doc said, don't be ashamed to use state or federal aid. you've put your time in working and paying your share to uncle sam. now let him work for you.

as far as the roof repairs, most high schools and community colleges have students that are learning that type of stuff. i would check there. i know around here they help repair roofs and other house things for people that can't afford it. that's how they learn. and i bet they would know who would do the stuff they can't for little to no money. i know plenty of them too.

don't worry about it. we've all been there and we are still here to talk about it and give support. if you have any question don't hesitate to ask. be specific if you can. i'm sure a few of us have the answers.. :D

I have prepaid legal. It's a blessing. Can you believe I didn't qualify for that or state assistance. Commission jobs are a trick! Unfortunately, I didn't make enough for wage earner,and was recommended not to do 7. The details on that are (DON"T ASK!) But again. I'm paid up now and on budget. It's just a tight budget. Nothing available for emergencies or extra. My teenagers understand. They're my best friends we have fun together. I like the advice about community help tho how do I find out more about that.

Thanks for the support,invite, and advice everone. I'll let you know when I track down the rest of my resources and I will continue to have faith and handle my business. I do see light at the end of the tunnel.This time next year I'll be livin large again. Watch me. I ain't no joke. I regret I got desperate and had his mother contact him for some support. He showed up here in Memphis and I let him stay because of the kids and the timing was interesting.The daddy is here in the house with me. Not working since he got here in June 05. He's not helping PERIOD. Sorry but cookin and washing clothes don't pay the bills. He spends alot of time relaxin and Cxxk blockin tho. He won't leave on his own and I don't have the money for a ticket home. YET! I have set a time limit he doesn't know about tho! If he's not workin by the end of Feb. I'm shipping his stuff home and leavin him a ticket on the refridgerator since he spends so much time in the kitchen. WELL So much for doing the christian forgive thing. It's about survival. Obviosly he's deadbeat and hasn't improved in the last 16 years we were separated. Forgive my desperation, it only brought drama!

OK, here is a link to start with.

Don't automoatically assume you will not income qualify, some are based on current income, some are based on past income. and if you are self employed they go off of net not gross.

http://www.state.tn.us/humanserv/commsrv.htm

1-800-838-6311 talk to them about getting child support, they do help locate missing parents/enforce court orders, etc.

Link for this phone # is

http://www.state.tn.us/humanserv/programs.htm

I'll post more when I have it

W/o a town its a bit more difficult to find the specific church type or private charitable organizations that help w/this type of thing

did you contact schools about free/reduced breakfast/lunch program?

Chin up dear!!!!! :lol:

Sorry I have been late to offer support... I was sticking to off topic cause I was a bit sick and didn't want to start giving delirous advice :) (ya. pretty sure my spelling still isn't getting any better here. delirious.. something.. ANYWAYSSS)

Big hugs to you and all you are going through. You must be one strong individual.. the human spirit never stops amazing me and people never stop proving to me that MIRACLES do happen :)

Rodeo and Tarbaby have great suggestions as does everyone else.

One thing I did not see mentioned that you may want to look into if the state assistance programs do not work out is local Job Corp programs needing projects to work on. We have 2 Job Corps near here and they are rehablilitation programs for at risk youth. They learn skills like welding, carpentry, etc. They don't charge much and are well supervised, trained,etc and it may help the pocket book. Just something to check into incase there are those kinds of programs in the area.

As Rodeo said... keep you chin up... just take one day at time and stand your ground. I can already see what you are made of. (the good stuff!) Keep coming back here and reading up on the boards, asking questions. We'll all do all we can to help ya out. :) (((BIG HUGS))) -Jenn

Hey everyone! Hope you had a blessed day. Well, interesting enough; as I was settling my debts, I did inquire on some about removing the negative info but was denied. They told me 7 yrs repectively. So I settled anyway after good negotiating. After the fact tho, is it still possible to get the paid settlements off anyway. Are there any successful sample letters or dialogs I would use when contacting the creditor?