sol reset when move out of state?

I have moved from louisiana ton hawaii and I have a charge off with date of last activity 10/2000, my question how does that effect the SOL. Does the clock contiune from the date of last activity or does it start over when i moved? i'm assuming that it just contiunes and is enforcable with hawaii's 6 year law. I'm just curious, the account was sold long ago to a JDB and haven't heard anything for awhile from them, just hopeing to coast until this october , the six year mark, then If my premise is correct will be uncollectable in this state and off my CR in another year, thanks in advance fot any expertise you can offer

Not an easy question to answer since SOL is a state by state thing. Some states say the SOL is "tolled" (put on hold) while you're out of the state and then continues should you return. Others don't care.

Check the individual laws for each state.

And, as a general rule, if you happen to get sued, use the laws of the state you're currently living in...make the other attorney prove otherwise.