Please Help! CC Now Repo

I can't seem to figure this out, but a cc that I disputed with Experian came back as REPOSSION! Doesn't a repossion hurt a lot more than a collection? How and why did they change it to this? Here is what info I have:

TNB - TARGET

Address:

PO BOX 9745

MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55440

No phone number available Account Number:xxx

Date Opened: 06/2002

Type: Revolving

Credit Limit: $200

Date of Status: 08/2004

Terms: NA

High Balance: $656

Reported Since: 08/2004

Monthly Payment: $0

Recent Balance: $656

Last Reported Date: 08/2004

Responsibility: Joint with xxx

Recent Payment: $0

Your Statement: Account information disputed by consumer (Meets requirement of the Fair Credit Reporting Act)

Creditor's Statement: Special handling - contact subscriber for additional information.

Account History: Repossession as of Aug 2004

So do I send something to the OC saying they violated FCRA and demand they delete or something along those lines? Also it was originally saying that is was past due in collections and they change to this. Seems as though it is a blantant violation. Experian came back with this new info and in the comments they say contact OC at such and such number, is this a ploy to get me to call them?

The OC, under the FCRA is required to report accurate information if it is to remain in your files:

§ 623. Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies [15 U.S.C. § 1681s-2]

(a) Duty of furnishers of information to provide accurate information.

(1) Prohibition.

(A) Reporting information with actual knowledge of errors. A person shall not furnish any information relating to a consumer to any consumer reporting agency if the person knows or has reasonable cause to believe that the information is inaccurate.

(B) Reporting information after notice and confirmation of errors. A person shall not furnish information relating to a consumer to any consumer reporting agency if

(i) the person has been notified by the consumer, at the address specified by the person for such notices, that specific information is inaccurate; and

(ii) the information is, in fact, inaccurate.

Do not send an ITS to the CRA's - you will end up in their Special Handling department - which is kinda their "how dare you" response to standing up for your rights.

Your communication should be first with the OC, at the executive level, corporate offices - you're looking for a Director of Compliance, or Director of Consumer Affairs. Since the erroneous information has been verified as accurate, you will ask them to remove the information, or you will investigate your rights to relief under Federal Statute.

Don't be so quick to throw around "I'll sue you" letters. Companies here that every day. It means nothing to them.

Update***

Called the number, and got transfered to special handling. They asked for address and phone number, gave them hell instead. :twisted: They back peddled and said we only reported charge-off, and it must be a mistake by the CRA. So I got a new PO for them and said I will be mailing them something immediately for them to review and fix this. The new PO is:

Target National Bank

Correspondance Dept.

PO Box 673

Minneapolis, MN 55440

Just incase someone else needs it in the future.