How to remove paid collection

coach219

I have a car note that was a repo reported by the issuing bank and the lawyer(collection agency) on my credit report. I settled the accountand want to get the information deleted from the "public records" section. How can this be done. I have a letter from the lawyer stating the obligation was paid, but the status has not changed on the credit report. The account was paid 6 months ago! Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I have a letter from the lawyer stating the obligation was paid, but the status has not changed on the credit report. The account was paid 6 months ago!

First of all, you have to accept the facts...

You pay off a collection and it shows up on your credit report... There is nothing earth shattering in that... And don't waste your energy believing that credit bureaus are evil or whatever... That is just a waste of time...

Next, go to the Debt Validation forum and pour over the numerous posts and threads about how people got paid collections removed from their credit reports. Those posts are loaded with valuable insight on how people did it and how they effectively used debt validation...

It is going to take plenty of time and effort but it will be worth it...

And let us know how about your attempts with debt validation and how it turns out...