Validated debts

moneymama

In early 2005 I disputed 3 accounts with Equifax. They reported that all 3 were verified. This is incorrect, so i disputed again. They again came back and verified them.

So, first of all, I believe the next step is to send the creditor a letter disputing the account, but i cannot find a letter that fits my situation.

The other issue is that 2 of these accounts are from 10/1999 and the other is more recent 02/2002. Is it worth disputing the 1999 accounts, considering they don't have much of an effect?? Thanks.

FYI: I'm buying a house in 6 mos. so any increase in my score will help!

"2 of them aren't mine, have no idea what they are..."

Can you provide a little more detail? Lots of people don't recognize legitmate accounts on their credit report, especially derogatory ones. The CRA's and DF's only check to see if some identifying information matches yours.

Okay, here are the details:

This is one is my main concern to delete....

CBA Collec. Bur Date reported 02/05 Opened 05/02 Last Activ. 02/02 $69 Credit, $0 Balance. Paid Collection from Orchard Supply. Only reported on XP and EF. Disputed with EF.

Called CBA, they have no record of this account at all. NOTHING IN THE SYSTEM UNDER MY NAME OR SS. So, now what??

Cresent Jewelers Opened 11/98 Last Activ 10/99 Paid charge off in 2000. Wrong dates and amount noted on CR

I just realized the 3rd one from 11/1999 isn't showing up on my most recent CR.

Cool, Thanks.

So, i just called them to give me that letter, and they say now they have my name in the system with the paid collection and they won't delete.

He said to petition the credit reporting agency's for removal. He said since it's been paid, the company won't refuse the deletion since they have already gotten their money. Any letter ideas on the petitioning and the process?? Every heard of this??

Also, should i do anything for the 1999 account? or just leave it alone and let it fall off later this year?

Thanks.