MRS ASSOC. / LVNV same companies? I need help!

AKChica

First let me say, even after looking at my credit report which only lists MRS Associates as having pulled my credit report and nothing else - I am confused!!!!

MRS ASSOC has been threatening me for over a year now.

People yelling at me on the phone.

Leaving rude messages etc.

But I never got anything in print from them. Now I never hear from them ... I get these anonymous threatening messages, I don't even know which company it is anymore.

"I have attempted to contact you on numerous occassions and now I have to make a decision IN your behalf. My decision IN this matter will be based on your current lack of action! If my assumptions regarding you are incorrect you need to contact my office TODAY! My number is 1-866-529-1895 Ask for me Michael George."

So I pulled my credit today and LVNV has this account now. I had NO knowledge that they purchased this account last year. Have NEVER recieved any communication from them nothing with their names etc and now this message that this person is making a decision IN my behalf.

The uneducated and rehearsed tone of the message makes me wonder who this is and what action they really have towards me.

Any light to shed? I can't seem to get answers up here in the great AK.

Thanx! Sara

I'm having the some problem with LVNV. Out of nowhere, they are on my credit reports. I never received any letters or even calls. So I DV'd them twice already. They responded to the first with a fake affidvit. Then I get a letter saying they have been having trouble contacting me, and to call them within 15 days.

If anybody has any dealings with them, please share your story.

Just do a search for Sherman Acquistions, Alegis, Resurgent = all the same company, all under the new "LVNV Funding" name - you'll find LOTS of people dealing with them.

The stupid phone messsages are meant to scare you into calling them, which would be a BAD idea. They're not doing ANYTHING on your 'behalf', just don't fall for their intimidation/scare tactics. The 'rehearsed' part is right, he might even be READING a call script.. typical for collectors.

DV them. You'll get a bogus 'affidavit' from them - dispute the bogus affidavit, and ask them a 2nd time to provide validation.

How old is the debt, when did you last pay the ORIGINAL creditor ?

What state are you in ?

LadnRed,

I know you were responding to the original poster but if you don't mind, I would like to ask your, or anybody else who can help, advice.

As I stated above, LVNV is reporting on my credit report. It is past the SOL in GA. I DV'd twice and didn't not receive proof. The last payment occured on 5/99, and TU said it would drop off on 1/07.

Should I just chill and wait til it drops off, or should I get ugly and start filing lawsuits and send of ITS letters? I really won't be needing any credit until after the drop off date. I'm totally fine right now in my new house and SUV i'm paying 0% interest on and I'm not in any rush. But I would like to use this time to fix my credit. This CO (and resulting collection) are the only derogs on my credit.

If I just leave them alone, will it haunt me in the future?

Thanks

PO

To answer questions - and thank you for your reply :-)

I am in Alaska - LVNV has aquired an old Sears account that I believe last payment was made on at the end of 2002 or beginning of 2003... it was before my 2nd kid was born - so I think that is right.

I am working with our local CCC and they are getting ready to issue the bankruptcy certificate - after all paperwork is processed.

Also have a question...

Portfolio Recovery Associates has been in contact with me regarding an old providian account. I spoke to the "manager" today and he told me that he is only allowed to settle a certain number of accounts per month and that my offer of a $600 settlement is not acceptable.... (the total bill they want paid is $1300... ) He told me he couldn't go less than 55% of the original bill...

In total I spent about $150 on this card... when it got delinquent I tried to arrange payments but was told I could not do that so it got out of control.... up to this enormous amount of $1300

Is it true that he only has a certain amount of settlements he can do or is he just being unreasonable and lying to me?

I spoke to the "manager" today and he told me that he is only allowed to settle a certain number of accounts per month and that my offer of a $600 settlement is not acceptable.... (the total bill they want paid is $1300... ) He told me he couldn't go less than 55% of the original bill...

When I was in the car business, I would do something similar to the above called "Playhouse 90." I'd say, "I can only write a certain amount of deals per month that lose money, so we can't go any lower than $_____." There was plenty of profit in the cars, and the counteroffers were often reasonable. How much the car sold for determined how fat my paycheck got. I suspect the same motivation applies for the "manager" in your situation.

I'm having the some problem with LVNV. Out of nowhere, they are on my credit reports. I never received any letters or even calls. So I DV'd them twice already. They responded to the first with a fake affidvit. Then I get a letter saying they have been having trouble contacting me, and to call them within 15 days.

If anybody has any dealings with them, please share your story.

I've had plenty of dealing with LVNV/Resurgent. Thanks to info I found on this board before I started my fight, I've got a massive paper trail to document their violations-- and they will violate...

I was first contacted by a CA working for LVNV/Resurgent. I sent my DV letter via certified mail within the 30-day "timely" window.

Resurgent themselves responded with the infamous affidavit by Allison Moon.

I followed up with a DV directly to Resurgent sent CMRR disputing the info in the affidavit.

I then followed up with a second DV to the CA (who, as I know, removed themselves from the situation...sorta)

During this time I also tried the 1-2 punch method with the CRA's. Of course it came back verified.

Hearing nothing from Resurgent, I sent a second DV directly to them. Nope, no response.

Filed a complaint with ACA International. Don't waste your time with this industry organization... the only thing useful about writing this complaint was that I spent a lot of time researching specific FCRA and FDCPA violations, which will prove useful in the future.

Also submitted a dispute to the BBB. As poblack found out, Resurgent tried to say I never contacted them. This is where the certified mail/return receipts prove useful, since they clearly prove otherwise.

I think somewhere in there I sent another letter to Resurgent. I finally got a reply saying copies of statements were ordered from the OC and it would be 10-12 weeks before they arrived. Trouble is-- it had already been 10-12 weeks since my dispute. Also, by Resurgent saying they didn't have copies of records from the OC, they also contradicted the Allison Moon affidavit which says that copies of the records were under her care.

Here's where the useless ACA complaint came in handy-- my next step was to contact my state Attorney General's office and file a complaint against Resurgent for specific violations of the FCRA, FDCPA, and state law. I also contacted the AG in South Carolina (Resurgent's home state), and made sure to mention that I believe Resurgent was creating affidavits which they knew to be false.

I know there are some out there would say I've been writing far too much, and that I should just file suit. Since I'm new to the whole process, I wanted to make sure my ducks were in a row. Those more experienced probably would have filed by now-- but I think those people would also hopefully agree that there's no such thing as -too- much evidence to support your claims, right?

It looks like they've deleted from one CR. I have a BBB complaint in the works (they responded, I rebutted with proof their response was untrue), and have notified the AG office. Next lesson: learn how to file...

My dealings with them? Still waiting my "10-12 weeks" for the OC to send them info. LOL! From all I've seen, they won't send squat, but I can wait until then. They have about 3 more weeks to provide the info. If not, hell is gonna be raised. :twisted:

My dealings with them? Still waiting my "10-12 weeks" for the OC to send them info. LOL! From all I've seen, they won't send squat, but I can wait until then. They have about 3 more weeks to provide the info. If not, hell is gonna be raised. :twisted:

Cole-- at what point did they ask for their "10-12 weeks". Just curious. Mine came about 12 weeks after I filed my first dispute.

Also, I would greatly appreciate anyone's input on the following:

If they ask for 10-12 weeks to get info from the OC, isn't that largely an admission that they have nothing from the OC? And absent any proof from the OC, how can they report a CRA dispute as "Verified"?

I'm asking this purely from an intellectual/legal standpoint, because I know quite well that these clowns WILL report something as verified w/o verifiable proof. I'm just thinking in terms of supporting legal arguments that the violated the FCRA...