slynbrown

Allied Interstate disappered from EX CR

I checked my CR today and found out that Allied Int Collection is no longer reporting on my EX CR but it is on TU and EQ. The funny thing is I was going to ask the board on how to handle this collection but know I am even more confused.

This is an old Orchard card that was charged off which I now have a new Orchard card. I disputed with CRA that I have a current account and I dont have a CO and the OC (Orchard) is no longer listed.

I just found out that Allied re-aged this item and TU has 10/20012 as the date to come off report.

1) Do I dispute and DV?

2) What do I do about the reaging?

3) Do I dispute the fact that they have re-aged the account and how do I prove this if the OC (Orchard is no longer on my report)?

1) Do I dispute and DV?

Yes.

2) What do I do about the reaging?

Reaging is illegal. Alert Allied to this. They won't care, but it will start the papertrail.

3) Do I dispute the fact that they have re-aged the account and how do I prove this if the OC (Orchard is no longer on my report)?

Do you have copies of your old report?

Orchard will still have the date they sold the account, you can get a pseudo-rough idea from that info. If they said they sold it on 12/2005, and Allied reports it as open on 12/2005, they just reaged it. The DOLA never changes no matter how many times the account is sold.

As stated above:

1. Dispute/DV

2. If you have old copies of credit report(very important to keep everything) make a copy of the account to show it was re-aged to the credit bureau as a dispute. Also send one to Allied

3. Document everything and keep good records, so when everything comes back as verified you have leverage for your next round of battles.

Orchard will still have the date they sold the account, you can get a pseudo-rough idea from that info. If they said they sold it on 12/2005, and Allied reports it as open on 12/2005, they just reaged it. The DOLA never changes no matter how many times the account is sold.

Since when does the date open effect when it's due to fall off the report?

In this case, it looks like AI made the date open/DOFD the same date, but the date open has no effect on when the account is due to fall off the report.

Since when does the date open effect when it's due to fall off the report?

It doesn't. The OP asked about reaging.

I'm mildly confused here.

If they said they sold it on 12/2005, and Allied reports it as open on 12/2005, they just reaged it.

AFAIK, changing the date opened is not re-aging. Re-aging (in the FCRA respect) is changing the date of first deliquency which is how the CRAs determine when a derog is scheduled to drop off.

Whether or not CAs should report date opened as the date the account was originally opened or when they were assigned it is a seperate, more nebulous issue.

As an aside, I wish EX & TU were set up like EQ. With EQ, CAs get a limited amount of fields, none of which are date opened. Under collections, a "date placed for collection" (or something similar) is listed which is 500,000x preferable to how TU and EX list collections. EX is just all screwed up. "Date of status"? WTF is that?