Sign in to follow this  
beeboah

"Payment after Chargeoff" the latest lie.

I notice that creditors are beginning to push "Payment after Chargeoff" on my credit report to try and make old tradelines stick. (Especially the ones that were involved in my removed BK.)

Do I need to dispute as "I have never made a payment after Chargeoff".

This is getting crazy.

see you already helped me with this, but now I am scared to show the OC this for fear they will pass the fact that I have a BK back to the CRA again...

This letter worked like a charm when I did use it in one instance.

Do you think I should send this to the rest of them now that the BK is gone?

Again that is one great letter!

BTW Methuss, Why can't "I" get a Staff opinion letter.

I Called the FTC and asked for one, but they said there was no such thing.

Could be a great tool for cleanups.

Thanks

I notice that creditors are beginning to push "Payment after Chargeoff" on my credit report to try and make old tradelines stick. (Especially the ones that were involved in my removed BK.)

Unreal. AmEx is reporting that on my reports. They changed it to that a year after I filed BK7. What prompted AmEx to change it to that reporting status was me disputing that the tradeline was incorrect.

I wrote a letter direct to AmEx certified telling them I never made a payment after chargeoff.

They wrote me back telling me they reported it as IIB, but they obviously haven't.

I have all the proof, but never pursued it any further than that. I did ntice that my score took a dip when they reported it as Payment After C/O.

The FTC letter- does this apply to the situation of the OC claiming a payment was made after CO? What if an account was Charged off prior to BK filing but no payment was made after that point? And why would anyone make a payment after charge off in the first place?

OCs can't enter public records into your file. They can only enter info on their tradeline.

The FTC had to do opinion letters for a couple of years after the 1996 credit reform act went into play if people asked for clarification. That part of the law has expired, so they don't have to do them anymore. Congress did not add a provision for staff opinions to the most recent revision of the FCRA in 2002 deciding instead to let the courts shake any problems out.