DocDon

WHO PULLS YOUR CREDIT? (starting a new resource)

not sure exactly what my scores are. but i know for experian and tu, they are 590. so equifax cant be much better, however, ihave probably one or 2 collections on efax, if that.

well...i just got approved (i triple checked, even with the underwriting department) for $15,000 with US BANK and one of their VISAs, some outdoor company. but who cares? it can be used anywhere visa is accepted.

i asked, they use equifax. the only thing they need to do is verify my identity because i have fraud alert. ive noticed that with fraud alert, they do not automatically decline you, you go into some other file or section maybe? like maybe the "this person must have really good credit and is being responsible protecting themselves, so lets pre-approve them and then call to verify their identity"..they ask you various questions only you would know. counties you lived in, past phone #'s, and even mentioned a family member of mine and asked if i was related and how or something. kind of scary. once they start asking questions like that, you know you are approved and they are just requesting information to verify your identity. i also have some items in dispute right now, so i think wehn you dispute they are not visible to the creditor because they are in dispute, so its not part of your score.

so maybe try this: dispute online, and then call and get confirmatin that the items are in fact in dispute. wait a day, then apply to the creditors you think might use that report. thats what ive done, and within the past 3 weeks or so i got this:

$2,000 bestbuyplasma.com special financing (GECAF)

$3,000 1800mattress special financing

$5,000 Circuit City rewards VISA

$15,000 US Bank VIsa (some outdoor company i forget their name, but its a VISA)

$500 Home Depot store card

$250 juniper card, Apple.com

in all of these situations, i was not "declined" it just said "your application is recieved and needs furhter processing" so i immediatly call and ask for status. at that time the rep pulls up my application and says they just need to verify some information. then she says"congratulations, you are approved for a credit line of $15,000..." i said huh? i mean, okay, great thanks. she said card will be mailed out to you within 7-10 business days after we verify your personal information and this is you since it was filled out on line, but you are approved and the credit portion is completed.

good luck all..and remember, 2nd chances only come around once. use it wisely and pay it down or off each month!!!

i am in illinois by the way.

by the way..do not sit around and wait..call them immediatlely and ask for status. dont let your file hang around waiting to be scrutinized, get on the horn, call the toll free number until you get through to someone. something about the human touch i think makes a difference. at least. i feel it did for me. good luck...

sorry to hear that. have you tried the GECAF card maybe? other than my target card i was amazed they gave me $2,000 line of credit wtih them.

bestbuyplasma.com then click on "special financing" give it a shot i guess? if not, try 1800mattress.com that is if you need a mattress set or new tv. then again, just having the credit lines of few thousand should really help.

Discover Card DENIED

Ohio

Pulled TU

Score 622

Reason: Past derog. credit

Report has

3 PAID med. collections

1 Car 4/04 never late

1 house (only reporting since August) never late

I'm in northern California, both pulled EQ.

Citibank AAdvantage World Mastercard: $15k

Chase British Airways Visa Signature: $7k

...with a FICO of 631.

(pick your jaw up off the floor)

Guess that history finally counts for something.

I'm done for the year.

Sure a far cry from having two first premier cards, an orchard card, and a weensy little cap1 a mere 2-1/2 years ago.

National City, pulled TU, dunno limit, but I was approved. TU FICO was 652 at the time of the inquiry.

I live in KS and tried for a BofA Visa last night. They pulled from EX (my highest FICO-696) and I got shot down in flames. Oh well, don't need BofA anyway.

Virginia

*GEMB/CPWM (cost plus world market) pulled EQ

Fico=659 Fako=589 CL=1300 approved

3 paid collections, 1 settlement

*GEMB/IKEA pulled TU

Fico=627 Fako=572 approval unknown

2 collections, 1 settlement, 1 paid CO

i applied last night. approve , they used eq in fl,i call them and 750 cl. cool.

i have chevon but thet are a few miles from me, sunoco is on the block, great.

thx

sam

I can tell you suntrust bank uses equifax for lines of credit, and loans.. not sure on credit cards but i can almost bet they do.. and american express uses experian

Another "biggie" topic is who pulls from what CRA...

if you PM me with the card(s) you applied for, what they pulled, your FICO at the time and your state. If you can add whether you were accepted or declined, that would be great.

I'll then post that compiled list here for reference.

I did one of those Chevron things with an approval code online a week and a half ago. Not a word either way. Anyone know how long it takes? I am starting to think they just deleted my app thinking it was frivolus :( If they pull EQ I am probably Screwed glued and tatooed anyway....

OKAY UPDATE. I got the Chevron in the mail today.

The only pull I can find is a PRM EQ on 2/21

If they pulled it again, I can't find it.

Hi

I tried CITI BANK AAA ADVANTAGE (PA), they pulled TU. I dont think I will get it.MY TU is 533. But I thought they would pull EQ OR EX which is 613, 623.

I will keep you updated.

Direct from my most recent 3in 1 report...

You will notice that some creditors pull from more than 1 CRA....clear.gif

CAPITAL ONE BANK 05/09/2007 Experian

BANK OF AMERICA 05/09/2007 Experian

DISCOVER FINANCIAL SER 05/09/2007 Experian

HSBC NV 05/09/2007 Experian

AMEX 05/09/2007 Experian

clear.gif FNB OMAHA (Chase) 05/09/2007 Experian

TARGET NB 05/09/2007 Equifax

CAPONEBANK 05/09/2007 Equifax

clear.gif HSBC NV 05/09/2007 Equifax

CITI 05/09/2007 Equifax

GEMB/WALMALT 05/09/2007 Equifax

AMEX 05/09/2007 Equifax

HSBC/BSBUY 05/09/2007 Equifax

FEB/FRYS 04/20/2007 Experian

FEB/FRYS 04/09/2007 Experian

T-MOBILE 04/04/2007 TransUnion

CCB - CHEVRON 03/28/2007 Equifax

THE- SCREENING PROS LLC 03/01/2007 Experian

HSBC NV 01/17/2007 Experian

MACYS/DSNB 01/03/2007 Experian

GEMB PAY PAL PLUS 06/14/2006 TransUnion

I thought I would add a few for MS:

AmEx Delta Skymiles - EXP

Home Depot Store Card - EQ

Chevron - EXP

I'm in Michigan and Home depot pulled TU for me

GEMB- EQ

Circut city (chase) EQ

Some more updates for MS:

Exxon/Mobil EQ

Denied w/650 (Reason: a delinquent credit obligation, either paid or unpaid, was reported on your credit bureau report) :evil:

US Airways TU

Denied w/626 (Reason: insufficent history on open accts/recently opened account/insufficent evidence to revolve higher balances) :confused: