WHO PULLS YOUR CREDIT? (starting a new resource)

....They have some kind of program where if you pay so much over the minimum, then your next month is 0 due. I'm not sure exactly what/how it works, I am charging and paying each month. There is an official word for it, when I find out I will edit this. My credit union card is the same way, I suspect they contract with the same card service company. It just doesn't seem like the racket the other cc companies are with late fees.

It's called "Pay-Ahead". This isn't really a benefit to you, though. Firstly, you shouldn't be carrying a balance month-to-month, secondly, you should always make a payment each month, regardless of whether one is due, otherwise you'll get stuck with negative-amortization...

If you haven't paid your previous statement balance in full by the due date, then the amount you pay over the minimum amount due that month is paid ahead toward your next monthly minimum payment. (of course, just because the statement says the payment due is $0.00, doesn't mean you won't get finance charges if the card is not PIF before the due date)...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Michigan:

Advanta Pulled Equifax, TU and Experian (03/15/07) - Denied twice!

Chase/First USA pulled: TU everytime - Approved

Prosper Loan (peer 2 peer loans): Pulled Experian (they do a soft pull to qualify you, hard if you get approved)

GLOBEFUNDER VENTURES (peer to peer loans): Experian (hard pull to qualify, wtf?)

Amex: Experian everytime (credit cards) - Approved

LASALLE BK-M (now bank of America): TU - Denied

WASH MUTUAL/PROVIDIAN: Experian (03/28/07)

This forum ROCKS, stick it to the man!

• 4 weeks later...

NC:

All GEMB:

Lowes (preapproved)- EQ

Rooms 2 Go - EQ (Denied too many inq's)

Badcock and More - EQ

Walmart (preapproved)- EQ

Belk (preapproved) - EQ

AMEX (Pre-approved) - EQ only

AMEX (Dry) - TU, EX, EQ (Denied for EX too low)

CITI (Dividend Platinum Select) - EQ (Denied, single derog, recon invite)

HSBC/Best Buy - EX

BofA - EX

All approved unless otherwise specified. (EQ - 690) (TU - 670) (EX - 645)

Have 3 year perfect history with GEMB prior to run of preapprove apps.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

Living in the state of MASSACHUSETTS and I'm trying to establish credit in order to get car and maybe purchase a house in the future.

Credit Scores information provided by True Credit

TransUnion: 745

Experian: 645

Equifax: 628

Accounts Open :1

Accounts Closed: 2

Derogatory Account

Being Disputed by me but still on credit report 3,711.

The only account I have open now is a Macy's account at that is a credit limit of 100.00.

What credit card companies that use TU only. I need to re-establish credit.

HELP!

Thanks!:)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Cali

Walmart-Eq (approved score 647 on equ)

Pacu.com-Eq (approved credit for car refi)

Many thanks to Creditinfocenter for the experience and knowledge I obtain from others and couldnt have done it without this site kudos to everyone and still working on the credit and its going great xangelx

Edited by soveu38

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

We're new to the group so let me explain what's going with us. We filed bankruptcy (chapter 13) back in 2006/07 and had it dismissed in 2008. We are in the process of buying a house with Ryan Homes and have paid off alot of our debt. We are having a problem with our middle score being below 620 so we're looking for a charge card or credit card to get us over that hump. We are in VA and here are our latest FICO scores:

Mine TU=523, EQ=608, EX=649

wife TU=533, EQ=607, EX=612

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked your credit on EQ yet? They no longer provide FICO scores to the consumer directly, however they do provide them to your lender so I assume that you got your scores directly from the lender.

Check your Experian report to make sure it is accurate. I have found that Experian is very, very slow to update balances (on mine there were 4 months late). Last month I disputed the balance reported on ONE of my accounts and my score jumped from 651 to 717. This score is their version of the score not the FICO version :mrgreen:. So the first thing to do is check your reports for accuracy.

If you do decide to get another card, remember it will lower your score initially and then increase your score.

Yes, these are actual FICO score pulled by our lender. The EQ scores are what we need to get above 620. We were thinking about adding Orchard Secure card to go along with our Applied Bank card but you're saying our score will actual go down before going up? :( Our lender will be pulling another FICO score on May 7th. We don't think the scores will improve any but we're shooting for June 7th as our target due to have them above 620 and submit the loan to the underwriters. Is there any way to get that score up (12 or 13 points) within the next 30 days? We have a few debts we can pay but we don't think they will report within the next 30 days. We paid of CARP One and it took them 60+ days to show up correctly.

Check your outstanding balances on your report by pulling your actual credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com You are looking to see if the OC is reporting correct balances or if there is a lag time, like there was with your Crap One acct.

Call your cc's with balances to find out the dates that the cc co reports to the CRA. Pay down the balance to zero or very close to zero prior to the report date. This will help with utilization. Utilization is about 30% of the credit score. So keep your balances low on the reporting date especially. This is your quickest way to increase your score. Note: it does not do you any good to max out a credit line and pay it off when you get the statement because it has already been reported to the CRA's.

If your balance is not correct then use the online disputing with experian. This is the only time I recommend the online dispute, because the dispute can be made and the balance corrected within about a week. That's how long it took me last month when I saw they had not updated my balance with Jared in 4 months on experian.

Have you checked your credit on EQ yet? They no longer provide FICO scores to the consumer directly, however they do provide them to your lender so I assume that you got your scores directly from the lender.

Check your Experian report to make sure it is accurate. I have found that Experian is very, very slow to update balances (on mine there were 4 months late). Last month I disputed the balance reported on ONE of my accounts and my score jumped from 651 to 717. This score is their version of the score not the FICO version :mrgreen:. So the first thing to do is check your reports for accuracy.

If you do decide to get another card, remember it will lower your score initially and then increase your score.

Slight correction: EX no longer provides FICO to consumers. EQ is the opposite, you can buy FICO directly from EQ or from myfico.com...