twister

removing info

How long has it been since your discharge ?

Just send a dispute letter.. all BK items should be listed as 'included in bankruptcy' with a ZERO balance, no lates, collections or charge-offs listed AFTER your BK filing date.

My discharge was in 2003, can I just dispute the accounts even though they show "Bankruptcy" . Can I use the dispute on line format? or is it better to send individual letters on each account.

Also my court number is not the same for each CRA, I pulled all three on myfico.com

My scores are terrible, I have 24 negatives and only 12 positive.

EXP 491

TU 412

EQU 492

What is better to start working on first?

Sorry for all the question, after seeing my report I feel so helpless. :roll:

But is that difference in wording sufficient to dispute,

No, as long as it mentions the bankrutpcy on that tradeline it's fine.

Twister, dispute them in batches of 4 or 5 since you've got so many. I would not do this on-line, I'd use snail mail and send each letter so that you get a delivery receipt. They should all be reporting as I mentioned above. Don't just say 'not mine' .. be VERY specific, every detail can be disputed, if it's wrong, dispute it.

LAdynRed, can they continue to report the account as derog after the BK. All but 4 of wife's accounts are reported as closed on TU. Four, (BoA, Cap1, and 2 Chase), are still reporting as derog as of 12/2005, BK is in the TLs. BK filed in 12/2003.

There can be NO negative reporting on a discharged debt after the date of the BK filing. Doing so is a violation of the permanent injunction of your discharge.

Read the case law in the stickies at the top of this forum.