Sign in to follow this  
Heatherette

How to get CLI with Orchard?

Can anyone advise the best course of action to get a CLI with Orchard? Got my card late December $300 limit, have used it A LOT and always paid it down to avoid interest. Have done a couple cash advances and had the limit up to $289 at one point, but then paid it down that night. Do I have to wait 6 mos or can I ask for one? Keep in mind I have only had the card about a month. Just curious? Thnks! :bedjump:

they will give you one in 3 or 6months. i think i got one in 3months. i have yet to hear of anyone getting one before that... :?

I believe if you request one (either online or via phone), they typically charge you for it. If they do it automatically, they do not. So if you can wait, I'd wait to see if you get one automatically after 3/6 months. I don't know if they do an inquiry if you request one either, but that may be another factor you want to consider.

I believe if you request one (either online or via phone), they typically charge you for it.

xheadscratchx charge like how?

i've never been "charged" when i have asked for an increase. they will look on your account and see if you qualify. most of the time they do not pull an inq. the only inq. i have from them was way back when i opened the cc. i have requested several inc. so far. i think they only give them when they are good and ready too.. :roll:

I read from others that they were charged for CLI's from Orchard. As much as $25 or more for the increase. Some say they requested CLI's and did not get charged. This is the only card that I have that has an annual fee so far. The only reason I got it is because they do give CLI's. My CU you have to actually apply for the increase. I am hoping within the next six months that Orchard does give me an auto increase. If they don't, no that big of a deal. Then again my CL is more than the OP. With a 300 limit, I can understand why they want an increase now.

Maybe the OP can call Orchard and ask how long before you can get a CLI and see what they say.

I read from others that they were charged for CLI's from Orchard. As much as $25 or more for the increase. Some say they requested CLI's and did not get charged.

Yes that's what I've read too and what I was mentioning. For example, $100 limit may cost $25...they obviously charge it to the card. Then again there are others that didn't get charged...

I have had my Orchard card for about 10 months now. I have only had one increase, and since I requested it, I had to pay $10 for it! I went from $300 to $400. I have not been able to get another increase since!

Anyone have any tips or tricks for getting Orchard to increase their limit?

The main trick is to be patient....if the OP is only a couple of months in and is looking for an increase. After a good 3-6 months, should they see an increase. Like others said, you can request one, but credit takes time and you can't rush into the big TLs. I've had an Orchard card for about 2 1/2 years and my limit is only $1,000. When I first got it, I always kept a high balance. But now, My balance is about $50 and my BT rate is 0% as well as my cash advance rate. They WANT me to use the card, but the only reason I use the card is to pay my TrueCredit bill every month.

What I would do is, for a quick CLI, is request one, but they should be handing one out if what you're saying about paying your bill is true.

Be patient, my friend...

What I would do is, for a quick CLI, is request one, but they should be handing one out if what you're saying about paying your bill is true.

Be patient, my friend...

One year with them, and no automatic increase. so I requested one. I was told it was free. They upped my limit from $300 -> $400. And then charged me $10. I fought with them for 40 minutes and threatened to close the card before they removed the fee.

Bottom line- if they don't automatically raise your lmit, then call and ask to speak to a supervisor and request a courtesy CLI. The buttpickers that answer your call need permission to go to the watercooler- they have no authority to waive the CLI fee no matter how compelling your argument.

I am in the same boat as you are. When I requested an increase I got the pitiful $100 increase and was told I couldn't request another one or be granted another one until a minimum of 6 months had passed from my last increase.

I got my card in September, and I've paid on time every month. I use it every month, had it up to $130 once ($200 limit), but generally my balance is $20-40.

I've had no offers of a limit increase yet, I'm still hoping.

Correction - I've only had the card 5 months (first statement was October)

when asking for CLI, are these on secured or unsecured cards? Hubby has 200 limit on secured card since 2/05. Use it for business expense and pay it off every 2 weeks. ($400 in payments a month.) I know this isn't the smart way to do it.....Never had CLI offer

thats what I thought...when the 18 months is up to qualify for unsecured card, will we have to reapply or is it automatic?

When I was qualified for the Orchard unsecured card for $300 I was quite surprised actually. My credit isn't good (only other cc is Target).. What surprised me the most was that I had negative info on my credit and was approved & my bf who has no negatives on his report at all (his starting on his credit-no credit history) was apprvd for the same amnt?!? <:)

I've had it for like 6 mos and I've always paid on time.. no CLIs yet.. I haven't asked for it yet so I don't know if they'll just offer it!!

I figured since I'm trying to clean up my credit w/some collections.. once all is done then I'll request if they haven't..

Have yet to recieve an increase yet...opened the card in December 05. Don't want to pay for CLI so I think I will just keep waiting....

Have yet to recieve an increase yet...opened the card in December 05. Don't want to pay for CLI so I think I will just keep waiting....

LOL. Me too. I refuse also to pay to get a CLI.

Mine was opened in October 05, no CLI yet either. But I don't want to pay either!

Great point!! I don't want to pay either for a CLI... I'm paying a fee for something that's gonna have interest?? It doesn't sound like a good deal... Unless they automatically offer it with out a fee I'll take it...

Otherwise I'm happy w/the $300 CL...