Tired of bill collectors calling you all the time?

kevmic

Get a tele zapper. They work great. most collectors use a computer dialing system to call you. The tele zapper simulates a out of service tone when you answer the phone. The computer dialer interprets the signal as the phone number is out of service and then removes the number form their system.

This is in no way a way to get out of paying your bills. Just a little peace of mind while you are dealing with them.

That is not true. They cannot "harass".

(5) Causing a telephone to ring or engaging any person in telephone conversation repeatedly or continuously with intent to annoy, abuse, or harass any person at the called number.

Notice there is no set number of calls allowed, so it's (like everything else about law) left up to interpretation.

My experience has been that the calls will occur repeatedly during the day if you dont answer. Once answered the people I have dealt with have not called again until the next day, or even several days. All my accounts were OCs. CAs may behave differently.

Gettinout