Sign in to follow this  
bfields

? on getting paid Dr. bill collections deleted

I have 3 collection accounts with the same CA, Collection Diversified, that have been paid for about 3 years now. They are from a surgery that I had due to a car wreck. One is from the surgeon, one for the Anesthesia dr, and the other from the hospital. I had asked to setup a payment plan with all of them and I guess they set it up with the CA. My question is how should I go about getting them deleted? Should I send letters to the Dr.s themselves and ask them to contact the CA to have them deleted stating that I misunderstood the payment arrangment and that I am pulling my hair out knowing that they are hurting my credit or contact the CA or something else? If I try DVing the CA do I send one letter only or one for each account? Thanks!

Hospitals often think of collection agencies when they hear the words "payment plan." It's simply because the AR dept. doesn't want to keep track of who owes them what. Even if the Dr. took the time to ask the CA to stop reporting the paid collection, the CA isn't bound by the Dr.'s request.

One way to go is to DV every 30 days. The CA will most likely not respond. Then, send the evidence of non-response to the CRA's (to avoid the frivolous dispute tag) and ask them to re-investigate. Eventually, the CA may get tired of verifying and let it drop from your reports.

Another way: do a search on the forums for "nutcase letter."