Dell Financial

OMG :shock: I didnt' know Dell cards gave CLI's. I was looking at my statement and sure enough they have me an increase of $500.00. So now my limit is $2,000.00. I'm not trying to use my card but when I had asked for one about 1 year ago. They told me they don't give CLI. I guess they were wrong.

OMG I just got my statement last night and my APR went from 29.99% to 30% I didn't know rates went up this high. :shock:

I wonder if they'll bring the interest rate down.

They raised it .01% and now you notice it? :?

Rates can be very high. Especially if you were approved with low scores OR have some recent delinquincies (and they check your CR on occasion.)Also, if your rate is a variable rate, the prime rate has been moving upward for quite some time and that will affect your interest rate on ANY variable rate CC. I do believe that 30% is the MAX that you can be charged on a CC, but I seem to remember seeing a 42% rate card at one time as well.

They raised it .01% and now you notice it?

Rates can be very high. Especially if you were approved with low scores OR have some recent delinquincies (and they check your CR on occasion.)Also, if your rate is a variable rate, the prime rate has been moving upward for quite some time and that will affect your interest rate on ANY variable rate CC. I do believe that 30% is the MAX that you can be charged on a CC, but I seem to remember seeing a 42% rate card at one time as well.

We'll I've always known that my APR was 29%. I was just suprised that they raised it to 30%. My scores were very good when I got my Dell card so I'm not sure if they based my interest rate on that. I think that's there standard interest rate. I'm sure if my score where low they would have given me a CLI. :roll:

• 1 month later...

My husband has a Dell acct. with a 30% interest rate. Called about paying the account off and the pay off was more than the balance. Anybody have any ideas how this happens. I think instead of calling for a payoff next time I'm just gonna send enough to either pay it off or almost pay it off. I've never heard of a payoff being higher than a balance.

My husband has a Dell acct. with a 30% interest rate. Called about paying the account off and the pay off was more than the balance. Anybody have any ideas how this happens. I think instead of calling for a payoff next time I'm just gonna send enough to either pay it off or almost pay it off. I've never heard of a payoff being higher than a balance.

There interest rates our OUTRAGIOUS. I called to see if they can lower my interest rate...basically I got a hell no...So I'm guessing your pay off balance has that interest rate attached to it. I would just bring it down to the lowest or pay it off...quickly!!!

• 6 months later...
Also, DFS stops reporting after you have paid off the balance so you don't get any further score boosts from them unless you are paying something off.

Is this really true?

Now, let's say we pay off our purchase, then in a year, buy something else. With the activity again, do they all of sudden report that you've been current for the previous year? That might be a good reason to buy something cheap every year or so, sell it on eBay for a small loss, just to gain the extra points.