parko03

CRA"S must identify account furnisher

I am trying to find something in the FCRA that says the CRA must identify the furnisher of the information contained.

DH has 7 accounts on his report for various amounts. All of these say "unknown" I want them to tell me who is reporting this crap. Im sure they have too.

Where/does it say that somewhere that I can quote in my letter to them??

§ 609. Disclosures to consumers [15 U.S.C. § 1681g]

(a) Information on file; sources; report recipients. Every consumer reporting agency shall, upon request, and subject to 610(a)(1) [§ 1681h], clearly and accurately disclose to the consumer:

(2) The sources of the information; except that the sources of information acquired solely for use in preparing an investigative consumer report and actually used for no other purpose need not be disclosed:

If they cannot identify the source of information, they must remove it or be in material violation of this section.

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(a) Reinvestigations of disputed information.

(5) Treatment of inaccurate or unverifiable information.

(A) In general. If, after any reinvestigation under paragraph (1) of any information disputed by a consumer, an item of the information is found to be inaccurate or incomplete or cannot be verified, the consumer reporting agency shall--

(i) promptly delete that item of information from the file of the consumer, or modify that item of information, as appropriate, based on the results of the reinvestigation; and

Don't bother quoting specific sections of the law. Just say the FCRA requires that they identify the furnisher and if unable to do so, they must remove it as unverifyable information.