Sign in to follow this  
Lisa0825

? about dates on accounts and about paid off student loan

Hi y'all. I don't recall if I have posted here before, but I registered a while back. Could someone direct me to the most comprehensive acronym list? I found one (Computer Lingo), but it didn't list TL. Is that the only list, or is there a more extensive one? what is TL?

I just joined Credit Keeper. I was looking over my reports, and I notice that several accounts with collection agencies list the opening date as fairly recent, like april of 2005. I had not opened a new account of any kind in about 3 years, until I just got back on my feet, so this MUST be an old account. So, do they list the date as the date they got the account from the OC or another CA, or should the date be the date of the original opening of the account? I wanted to determine which ones were past the SOL for one thing, and those recent dates concern me.

Also, my report says "Last reported month, you missed a payment (or were derogatory) on 5 account(s)." Now, those MUST be old accounts, because as I said, I have not had ANY new ones until this year, and I am paying those on time (new utility bill and home equity loan). It appears that the CAs are listing their accounts as "open." How could I have missed a payment when I do not even have payment arrangements with them?

Also about dates, does anyone familiar with Credit Keeper know if my online report should have date of last activity somewhere, because I don't see it?

I have already had a couple items taken off last year that were fraudulent utility accounts, but I have been afraid to address the collection agencies, even thought most of my debts are past the SOL.

With the home equity loan, I now have the home I inherited from my folks in my name, and I will NOT make a late payment ever! Next month, I will be on automated payments for it. I also paid off my student loan, which was in default for $7300. The guy assured me it would be closed with a remark of "Paid in full/zero balance." Well, that part is true. But there are additional remarks from the CRAs that say things like, "At least 120 days or more than four payments past due,"Paid, was a collection account, insurance claim or government claim or was terminated for default," and "Payment after charge off / collection."

In addition, each CRA seems to have the accounts in duplicate under variations, like Texas Guar Stu Loan and Texas Guaranteed Stu. I was going to send a request to take off the duplicates, and to take off the negative remarks since the creditor said the accounts were settled positively. Is that what I should do? I was going to just use the forms that pop up through Credit Keeper.

Any input on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. This feels like learning a foreign language without a dictionary and then having to recite a monologue without cue cards!LOL!

So, basically, my questions boil down to this:

1) Should CA accounts I never made payment arrangements with be showing as OPEN with missed payments?

2) Should the open dates be when the CA got the account, or when the OC opened the account?

3) Where are the dates of last activity in Credit Keeper's report format?

4) Can I get the CRA's comments and duplicate entries removed from my student loan entry simply by requesting it?

Thanks so much. I'll be busily perusing the boards for more info in the meantime:-) :D

Oh, and for the record, according to these reports, my scores are:

Equifax 581

Experian 576

Transunion 570

1) Should CA accounts I never made payment arrangements with be showing as OPEN with missed payments?

2) Should the open dates be when the CA got the account, or when the OC opened the account?

3) Where are the dates of last activity in Credit Keeper's report format?

4) Can I get the CRA's comments and duplicate entries removed from my student loan entry simply by requesting it?

1) Yes. The CA is claiming you have a debt, and every month you don't pay it they regard as a missed payment.

2) The open date reflects when the TL is first reported. So, the CA's entry and the OC's entry will have different open dates.

3) Credit Keeper most likely doesn't report DOLA. You'll have to get a copy of your report from the source -- EQ, EX, & TU.

4) Disputing all entries with the CRAs should get the dupes removed.

2) The open date reflects when the TL is first reported. So, the CA's entry and the OC's entry will have different open dates.

quote]

Thanks for the reply! What is TL? I couldn't find that one on the Acronym list?