bf9868539

Is it possible to contact the OC?

I have two medical collections I would like to get removed. The ca's are not willing to delete for full payment. Would contacting th OC and tell them I will pay them in full if they have the ca remove the listing from my cr for innaccurate info. or something?

Depends on a whole slew of things. It would come down to:

1) Does the OC have a contract with the CA stating that the OC will not take payment? [thus cutting out the CA's profit]

2) Does the OC have a contract stating they will not pull the debt back away from the CA?

3) Does the OC care?

A good will letter to the OC is a good place to start, see what they can do... however have you DV'ed the CA's? Is the debt within SOL?

If you where to negotiate a deal make sure it's in writing, and dont settle this without getting a delete if you do pay. Play hard ball, tell them if they want the money well then they can delete it from your CR.

You can write the goodwill letter as advised as it does work sometimes. If you do, you also want to include verbiage that you will not deal with their assignee as they are very rude to you and this is not proper, etc. Therefore, your desire is that the OC except payment from you and consider this account closed in it's entirety. And, also state that in some states the OC can be held liable for the actions of their assignee. What you are doing is raising a flag to where this OC does not want any problems, only their money. Yes, you would include the apology part. Mind you, even if the CA was rude to you, they will still tell their client you are lying, no matter what. It's one of the he said, she said issues.