What would the repercussions be

getting my house

Just curious if anyone has ever done this or thought of it and then realized what the ramifications would be:

You have a letter from a CA saying that an acct has been paid in full and satisfied etc etc etc

Currently you have a CA on your reports for an account you KNOW has been sold at least 3 times so this is the 4th CA -

what would happen if you "made" a letter up from one of the past CA's with letter head and all and sent it to the current CA saying it was paid in the past.

Just curious - if they can play games why can't we?

Number one reason why is because if they actually did follow through and check up on the letter and found it to be bogus, you could fall into default on your loan and have your home foreclosed on. Not worth the chance.

I don't like the idea of "if they can play games, so can we". The idea here is to bring out the truth. We lose credibility if we stoop to their level.

It's bad enough the lobbyists have all our elected officials believing we are lying, cheating, consumer con-artists, without us going around giving them the proof.

My 2 cents.

I just had a bad flashback to the time or two that I was lurking at the collection industry board.

Name calling, personal attacks, and blatant disregard are commonplace there and I hope it doesn't get that way here.

I just had a bad flashback to the time or two that I was lurking at the collection industry board.

Name calling, personal attacks, and blatant disregard are commonplace there and I hope it doesn't get that way here.

I don't allow name calling or personal attacks on this board. If you are seeing a problem, please PM me.

Kristy,

I didn't mean to be misleading in what I wrote. I just recall seeing almost nothing more than snide, personal attacks on people over at the CI board and the one comment here reminded me of that. Otherwise, I haven't seen anything other than occasional, and understandable, frustration when some posters want to be completely spoonfed. I was guilty of that myself when I first started.

Kristy,

I didn't mean to be misleading in what I wrote. I just recall seeing almost nothing more than snide, personal attacks on people over at the CI board and the one comment here reminded me of that. Otherwise, I haven't seen anything other than occasional, and understandable, frustration when some posters want to be completely spoonfed. I was guilty of that myself when I first started.

I took absolutely no offense. xxheartxx

This is why it sticks in my craw when people are advised to dispute a TL as "not mine" when it is theirs. Once you get busted for lying, you'll screw up your chances in future disputes. Don't think for a minute that they don't keep notes on you. All CSRs do, in all businesses. Every time you yell at them, hang up on them, display legal knowledge or threaten to sue, it's inserted into your file so the next CSR sees it. And once you're branded a liar--just like in real life--no one believes you anymore. It's not worth it.

LNY,

I'm not a big fan of that phrase either. I prefer "not familiar with this account" which, like Admin said is pretty much the situation more than half the time.

However, it doesn't matter how you dispute anyway. Even if you write "I'm not familiar with this account, I don't recognize the creditor", they'll transform that into a two-digit code for "not mine".

Did you notice how limited you are in your choices to do an online dispute?

What's up with that?

The biggest problem with "not mine" is it comes back simply "yes it is", which happens almost all the time because nobody follows proper disputing procedure. All they do is see your name on their computer and "BINGO" it's your account - even when it's not.

All the bureaus have different options, though. Experian, for instance, gives you an option for "other" and then space for an explanation.

I wasn't talking about being not sure and saying "not mine." I meant when people come on here and have baddies that just won't go. They know the TLs are correct and legit, they just want them gone. In that situation (especially when you've disputed them for other reasons in the past), it's pretty stupid to claim "not mine."

Not sure: fine to say "not mine." Know perfectly well it's yours but just don't like it: not fine.

Like I said, even if you type "other" it doesn't matter what "other" you said.

I don't know if it was lost in the move over here, but there was a post with the transcript from a TU lawsuit where they explained how consumer disputes are converted into two-digit codes and shipped offshore for processing.

In other words, it doesn't matter what you put down. Everything is disputed the same. :D

I've specified on several EX online disputes what was wrong with the TL, and they've (almost) always dealt with just that aspect of the TL. As opposed to EQ, which treats EVERY dispute as "not mine." Even if you dispute a date or balance, all they do is verify that the account is yours. And they even manage to verify when simultaneous disputes with TU and EX garner a deletion. They're a brick wall.