Sign in to follow this  
jc72

Auto loan listed as "obsolete"

Hubby has a loan thats listed as..

Type: Auto Loan (obsolete)

everything else looks normal. This is a special program through Parker Toyota Auto Credit where it's in house for 2 years but then we can get a loan with regular financing. It's reported every month...

Hey there-

EQ reports my autoloan the exact same way and mine is financed through Chase. I have alwats wondered what 'obsolete' means too! Experts advise please!

oohh EA, i saw you posted and got all excited I'd have an answer!! Maybe I'll just call EQ and ask....

oohh EA, i saw you posted and got all excited I'd have an answer!! Maybe I'll just call EQ and ask....

:lol: Sorry to disappoint you, doll. No treat for me now, huh? It's one of the many, MANY things I do not have the answer to. I tend to respond more to posts when I'm absolutely bored @ work (like I've been this week). Do let me know what EQ says though.:wink:

OK, chicky @ EQ said she has never seen anything reported w. obsolete on an active acct. :twisted:

i am still waiting for my actual paper EQ report in xsnailx mail, but it says it on Truecredit.

Hubby has a loan thats listed as..

Type: Auto Loan (obsolete)

everything else looks normal. This is a special program through Parker Toyota Auto Credit where it's in house for 2 years but then we can get a loan with regular financing. It's reported every month...

Small world.....

I worked at Parker Toyota many years ago and still live quite near it.

Helloooooo.......spokevegas here :)++

LOL!!!

At present I work on Mirabeau Parkway for a large Government contractor...

Sooo close.....Valley girl

Contractor? Not building contractor right?

Sooo close.....Valley girl

Contractor? Not building contractor right?

Nope, not a bulding contractor. Mobil communications.

ahhh..hubbys in sales (construction), always trying to bring the "jen money" in as hubby calls it!

Did anyone ever find out why some auto loan TL's are reported as 'obsolete'? I'd be curious to know, but cannot call EQ from work... :(

OK, chicky @ EQ said she has never seen anything reported w/ obsolete on an active acct. :twisted:

i am still waiting for my actual paper EQ report in xsnailx mail, but it says it on Truecredit.

I had hubby call EQ for his and they said the same thing...don't know

I called TC and was directed to EQ since account information is supplied by them [EQ]. I was told by EQ that since it's not reporting on my individual credit file (and since the auto loan is still current, not "obsolete"), then I should just ignore the notation; it's not affecting my credit any. It's the "status" of the account that I should be concerned about.:? Once again, a CRA has no answer.:evil:

Cool, thanks guys. Yeah it only reports as 'obsolete' under True Credit anyhow.