Wow... I only got 500 My TU was 646.:? only 1 TL (the home) at the time after the second or third payment I may ask for an increase. Any one know how hard an increase is with them?

J

Honestly, I think someone made a mistake and stuck an extra zero on my CL.

-r

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... I only got 500 My TU was 646.:? only 1 TL (the home) at the time after the second or third payment I may ask for an increase. Any one know how hard an increase is with them?

J

I got an increase after 6 months. I started at 500 they increased to 1000.

If you ask for an increase they do a hard pull.

What did everyone do to ask for a credit line increase with Hooters? I couldn't find a link on their site. So I called them. I've been with them a year as of next month. I have never had a late payment in that year and I have just paid off the Hooters cc and all of my other cc's.

They advised me that they don't take requests for credit limit increases. They said the card is "looked at" throught the year and when a credit limit increase is avaliable it is given.

I've had a $750 limit since i got the card. I don't plan on using it, but I would like a higher limit for my score. Also I was told that they don't offer any lower interest. Is that correct also?

What did everyone do to ask for a credit line increase with Hooters? I couldn't find a link on their site. So I called them. I've been with them a year as of next month. I have never had a late payment in that year and I have just paid off the Hooters cc and all of my other cc's.

They advised me that they don't take requests for credit limit increases. They said the card is "looked at" throught the year and when a credit limit increase is avaliable it is given.

I've had a $750 limit since i got the card. I don't plan on using it, but I would like a higher limit for my score. Also I was told that they don't offer any lower interest. Is that correct also?

Not to sure about that, I have heard of different people getting different rates. I personally got the card to repair my credit, once I've proved myself if they dont want to be fare ....:rolleyes: put it in the sock drawer.

Welp. You guys weren't lying about HOOTERS! Just got approved for one! Guess I'll start eating there now, too. :) First "real" card I've gotten approved for since I've been on my credit repair journey.

This is funny. Last week I called and was told that the Hooters card doesn't accept calls for credit line increases or better interest rates. I had a $750 limit. Today I log onto their webpage to check my balance and my credit limit is now $900. Interesting. I wonder if calling puts a red flag in the system to review the card or something. I wish it would have been alittle higher limit, but i'll take what I can get :mrgreen:

Decided to give this another try. I was declined about a year ago, but since then my scores have risen dramatically.

Woot!! Called them today, found out it was approved for $1300!!!

I'm hitting Hooters as soon as it comes in!

i applied for Hooters on 6/18/2007 called today - the lady stated that she do not see an account open for me let her check with another department - she then comes back and states - you should be hearing for us soon a letter was sent on 6/18/2007 (this is the same day i apply) - i guess this means i have been denied - no account and letter sent - Deny :(

By the way, they pulled transunion which my fako score is 573 ...

The wife Applied today, because she got a Cap 1 and figured things were OK. The pop up said we are unable to fill your request for a hooters mastercard you will recive a letter in 7-10 days.

I fixed her ex report (Cap 1 pulled), I did not mess with her others :( I did not enroll her in a triple monitoring service, until now, I'm trying the freecreditreport.com for hers. Some seem to like it better. (I have truecredit) She had medical crap on her ex report, I'm figuring its on the others also and that was the reason hooters said no.

The way it looks to me, and as far as the approvals on this forum look,

If you dont get a flat out NO like she did. You will most likley get the card.

I've had my Hooters card for over a year. It is a very high interest rate. I think 29% or something like that. I started at $500 and it was increased to $900 a few months ago. I have a $0 balance on it right now. I may charge a tank of gas a month, then pay it off, just to keep it active.

I applied yesterday and got the 7-10 days thing. Called this morning, told to call back after 10am ET. Had to call twice as the first woman wouldn't call the credit center in Utah to find out my status, but the 2nd woman was nice and told me they needed address verification faxed to 801-545-6129.

The wife Applied today, because she got a Cap 1 and figured things were OK. The pop up said we are unable to fill your request for a hooters mastercard you will recive a letter in 7-10 days.

I fixed her ex report (Cap 1 pulled), I did not mess with her others :( I did not enroll her in a triple monitoring service, until now, I'm trying the freecreditreport.com for hers. Some seem to like it better. (I have truecredit) She had medical crap on her ex report, I'm figuring its on the others also and that was the reason hooters said no.

The way it looks to me, and as far as the approvals on this forum look,

If you dont get a flat out NO like she did. You will most likley get the card.

Wow they denied her with a TU 729! (ex fako) because of a 62$ med CO from 2001! hmmmm

Received my card in the mail yesterday -- also yesterday when I updated TC, Hooters is already reporting to Experian. Just FYI

Thanks, good to know. Just got mine today as well. Got funny looks from the wife wondering why I need a Hooters card.

Got a letter yesterday to fax verification of address to them. (It was my second attempt - denied the first time) I sent it and then called to make sure it was legible (it was my DL). The girl asked if I could hold a minute and she would process the application. When she came back on the line she said I was approved for a credit line of $1500!!!!

I damn near fell out of my chair!

I faxed them the address verification yesterday and called back to confirm receipt this morning. They told me I was approved for $5,000!!!!!!!!!!!!

My next highest CL is $4300, so I'm excited to say the least! Sure it's Merrick Bank and all, but my utilization will go WAY DOWN with an extra $5k of open credit! I just hope there's no annual fee or ridiculous APR. I guess I'll find out in 7-10 days.

As an FYI for others out there:

My scores are in the mid-to-high 600s

Chpt. 7 discharged 12/02

No lates since BK

2 car loans with Cap1 totalling ~70k (balance >$55k)

Lot$$$ of student loans

and I have the following cards:

Cap1: $4300

Cap1:$1100

Wamu: $3000 (just doubled!)

Target (just got Visa): $1000

BB&T: $2000

WFNNB: $870

Now I just have to explain to the wife why I applied for a Hooters card...and just one last credit trick to pull off (while I wait for the BK to fall off my reports) - buying a first home.