Well, just received official denial letter from Hooters in the mail:cry: . I was really hoping for this one. My TU fico when I applied was 697. Says in the letter to call or write for exact reasons why I was denied. Guess I will.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They pulled TU. I have a score of Fico 572 (just checked my score yesterday). and my bk shows up on TU only. so i think they are way lenient as of now

DO you have any negatives on your report? I applied & was denied so quickly. My score was 514. Maybe just a little too low with 17 neg :-(

Well, just received official denial letter from Hooters in the mail:cry: . I was really hoping for this one. My TU fico when I applied was 697. Says in the letter to call or write for exact reasons why I was denied. Guess I will.

DAYUM! That's unbelievable that your TU FICO would be that high and you're denied. Have you CO any merrick bank accounts before?

No CO for anyone. The only bad things I have on my TU are one paid tax lien for 500 and one paid judgement for 1300.00. Three good bank loans closed and paid from about six years ago and one open AMEX I just got in May. I think my problem is I do not have many recent open good standing accounts. Although, I did have the judgment deleted just the other day from a dispute.:D

No CO for anyone. The only bad things I have on my TU are one paid tax lien for 500 and one paid judgement for 1300.00. Three good bank loans closed and paid from about six years ago and one open AMEX I just got in May. I think my problem is I do not have many recent open good standing accounts. Although, I did have the judgment deleted just the other day from a dispute.:D

I suspect it's the judgments. I just got approved for one and had NO open TL's except for 2 new cards I opened last month, and my auto loan.

Hoot, it is the judgement ...whether is paid or not, hooters will deny...i had a judgement when i applied in june and was denied but after the judgement was removed last week of June 2007, i applied again the first week of July 2007 and i was approved with 1k CL...mind you i also have a paid charged off and a student loan with late payments and only thing different for approval was the judgement...Hooters do not like judgements...i guess

I got approved with a TU fako of 561. No judgments, but 2 CO's and about 7 collections (medical and old 2001,2002). Do have several open TL's. hope this helps someone.

I think they do actually play the trashcan basketball to see who gets approved. I don't know what my interest rate is or the annual fee. We'll c.

Row thanks,

Sounds like from your experience that is what it was (the judgment). I don't know if you saw in my last post, that judgment was removed just about three days ago when I disputed with TU. I guess I should have waited. :neutral:

yeah, their website SUCKS! it's not refreshed often enough. booo. I never keep a balance, so i'll use it for awhile.

Im actually very pleased with their website. I can make a payment every day, it posts the next day. Transactions update witin 2-3 days (just like a normal credit card transaction on my checking account).

What do you think is not updating enough? I prefer their site to any of the other cards I have (Orchard, Applied Card Bank, Credit One Back)

Im actually very pleased with their website. I can make a payment every day, it posts the next day. Transactions update witin 2-3 days (just like a normal credit card transaction on my checking account).

What do you think is not updating enough? I prefer their site to any of the other cards I have (Orchard, Applied Card Bank, Credit One Back)

Agreed. It may not be the best out there, but you can make payments daily if you want to. Some cards don't let you make online payments at all.

Hell, I refi'd my auto with CitiFinancial. They don't even take online payments without charging a Western Union fee. Wish I could have got Cap1 to refinance my auto, but they don't refinance their own loans.

I made an online payment of $1200 through my PayPal Debit so that I could get the instant 1.5% back from PayPal, basically paying the Western Union fee.