Trust me they know the answer. I applied for one for my DH on yesterday I called today and he was denied.

You caved!! I thought you were going to wait a while longer! :ah:ah:ah:

Trust me they know the answer. I applied for one for my DH on yesterday I called today and he was denied.

You caved!! I thought you were going to wait a while longer! :ah:ah:ah:

My DH wanted me to apply for him. So I did...and the inquiry didn't even hit him hard. He only has 1 inquiry...it's no biggie!

When I applied for hubby, it hit with 15 points! He waiting to see what the denial was for....

then last week he had another inquiry for new employment and it didn't move... :dunno2:

When I applied for hubby, it hit with 15 points! He waiting to see what the denial was for....

then last week he had another inquiry for new employment and it didn't move... :dunno2:

Ouch...I know that hurt...why that much I wonder :?:

THAT IS IT! I AM NOT CALLING ANYMORE!! :hmph:

They said it still was not in the system XhairX and that I should call back next Friday. :roll: Guess the rep that pulled my application from on-line must be a slowpoke... :?

I applied for a Hooters Card and called 4 days later. THey said it wasn't in the system. After 10 days, I received the card in the mail with a $6,500 credit line.

When I applied, my scores were in the low 600's with several recent collectiion accounts. That was a month ago and I am now in the 700 to 750 range after successfully disputing old late payments and the 4 collection accounts on my reports.

I should have waited to apply and I would have received better terms and a higher CL.

Joined the ever growing waiting list myself today.

Best of luck to all.

:shock: I just can't believe that this thread is STILL going. I wonder when Hooters/Merrick will finally decide that their 'new customer limit' has been reached...and become strict on approval requirements. :? Perhaps when they start losing $$, eh?

Hooters Victory!!!! (.)(.) I wasn't able to get on the boards, but I was flying to San Francisco last friday and my plane was delayed. Decided to give the 850-HOOT a shout to see if a decision had been reached. At first the rep said there was no info on file (only applied four days before), but she said she would contact the credit department to see if they had all of my information.

I was on hold for about five minutes. When she came back on she said I had been approved!!!!!!! With a $1,500 limit!!! Woo-hoo! And the rate is at 18.5.

Applied with a TU 610, five other open revolving accounts, and a few negative collections still open.

Let's just say on the same day Hooters gave me a $1500 limit, I was denied a CLI on a $100 JC Penney card-- go figure.

To date:

Orchard: $400

First Premier MC #1: $350

First Premier MC #2: $350

Target Card: $500

JC Penney: $100 (and open ten years, isn't that a pisser?)

HOOTERS: $1500

Chrsler Financial: $10,500 on car note.

Not a bad set of TLs-- let's hope these can pull my EQ an EX above 600 finally.

That's great. Hopefully you can say goodbye to those FPs soon. And that $500 Target CL is sure to make some people around here quite jealous! A lot of people have been stuck at $200 for years (like your JP, right?).

Hooters Victory!!!! (.)(.) I wasn't able to get on the boards, but I was flying to San Francisco last friday and my plane was delayed. Decided to give the 850-HOOT a shout to see if a decision had been reached. At first the rep said there was no info on file (only applied four days before), but she said she would contact the credit department to see if they had all of my information.

I was on hold for about five minutes. When she came back on she said I had been approved!!!!!!! With a $1,500 limit!!! Woo-hoo! And the rate is at 18.5.

Applied with a TU 610, five other open revolving accounts, and a few negative collections still open.

Let's just say on the same day Hooters gave me a $1500 limit, I was denied a CLI on a $100 JC Penney card-- go figure.

To date:

Orchard: $400

First Premier MC #1: $350

First Premier MC #2: $350

Target Card: $500

JC Penney: $100 (and open ten years, isn't that a pisser?)

HOOTERS: $1500

Chrsler Financial: $10,500 on car note.

Not a bad set of TLs-- let's hope these can pull my EQ an EX above 600 finally.

First of all Congrats EOW!!!! :D

OK now for my RANT :evil: I WAS DENIED!!!!

Why???? I have no Idea but intend to find out!! My TU score was 630 and I only had 2 baddies 2001 charge off and $98 collection from 2003 THAT IS ALL!

:x

My sister warned me about having a fraud alert. She says she has always been denied and that no one ever calls :? Is it illegal to not even try and contact someone? :cry: Anyway, I am actually thinking of having these alerts taken off and then I will apply with someone who uses EX cause my FICO on that report is 655 with 4 positive accounts. :cool:

Cav,

DH was funny. He saw my reaction when I got the letter and he was like:

DH: I'm sorry honey, I know how much you wanted this. I still love you even though you got denied

Me: I hate this!! I really thought I had a good shot!

DH: You have the best looking hooters in town in my opinion :NudgeNudge:

Me: You got $1,000 I can borrow???

DH: Uh Nope :?

Me: :cool:

:lol:

NO :Pasties: FOR YOU!!! xWhipMex

Wow, I've seen people in the 500s with baddies galore getting approved. That REALLY sucks!! How long until your FA comes off?

NO :Pasties: FOR YOU!!! xWhipMex

Wow, I've seen people in the 500s with baddies galore getting approved. That REALLY sucks!! How long until your FA comes off?

I know! That's why I really thought I had a shot. The alert is on for 90 days from 6/8/06 :?

Now I'm thinking I might apply with Patelco. :)

Hey LNY:

Do you think I should ditch the FPs? I hate those cards. And I just called a few months ago to get a CLI and they denied it. I had two late pays on both cards three years ago when I lost a job suddenly. So-- the FPs are probably doing me no favors-- low CLs, and two late pays on file. Should I close them? If I close them, does that mean the late pays will stay for years? Do I dispute the late pays and see if i can get them off? Do I just wait until things clear a bit before messing with anything and let six more months heal some wounds?

xholysheepx::rockon::

"Dear ChrisFL,

Congratulations! Enclosed please find your Hooters MasterCard® Card(s) with a credit limit of $750!"

I'm so freaking happy. A year ago I had a paid CO and nowhere to go. Now I have an Orchard secured card a Hooters MC, and a score that's 50 points higher than before... It's not amazing, and it's not as good as a lot of other stories... but it damn sure makes me feel good. :D

:Pasties: :Pasties: :Pasties: :Pasties: :Pasties:

EastOutWest: How old are the cards? If they're your oldest accounts, you might want to wait a while and let your newest accounts age a bit. By that time, you may find you qualify for other cards... like a Juniper US Airways or Carnival Sea Miles (TU). What's your inquiry situation like, and how recent are all your accounts?

ChrisFL: TWIRL THOSE :Pasties: WITH PRIDE!!! Congratulations!!!

Do you need the TL? That's what you need to decide. If you do need the TL, no one is forcing you to use the card... throw a small charge on it here and there, PIF and introduce it to your socks. :wink:

Yeah, my interest rate is astronomical.

At this point, I don't care. I have to force myself to use my Orchard card as it is, I'm more of a debit card user. When I make big purchases, I'll use the Hooters card and pay in full same day. I try to use my Orchard card the same way, but with a $200 limit it's tough!

My Interest rate is something like 28%.

Does anyone know what day of the month this card reports?

I think hooters had a little love left for me. my tu fako score is 666. with a 6 year old co for $1200 and 1 collection for $130. previously all I could get was a applied card bank for $500, 1st premier for $300 and marin bank for $250. and I got all those in the last 6 months. I applied saturday, I had to fax some things to them last night because of a fraud alert. I called today to see if they received the fax, they did and the woman told me I was approved for $5200. It sounds like an odd number for a limit, but I hope she is right, cause that is sure to help my score once it ages some.