hartson

which is better? truecredit or idenity guard

Personally I use TC. I am not sure which is better. I can tell you TC gives me daily pulls. Not sure if the other does or not. I am happy with the product though. It is what it is. Here in another week or two I will be comparing the FAKOs to real FICOs.

What is it that you need from a monitoring service. If we know that it might be easier for people to reccomend one over the other. Sorry I can't be more insightful.

hi just 2 months post discharge and trying to clean up my credit. We applied for a mortage and the scores are good but the items on the report aren't. The both seem to allow for daily pulls and scores, but do these pulls go against you?

sorry for all the questions, newbie here

thanks

hi just 2 months post discharge and trying to clean up my credit. We applied for a mortage and the scores are good but the items on the report aren't. The both seem to allow for daily pulls and scores, but do these pulls go against you?

sorry for all the questions, newbie here

thanks

The pulls won't affect your score. Any time you pull your own credit such as through a credit monitoring company, it is a soft pull. Creditors cannot see it. Only you will. On true credit, your soft pulls arent shown on your report. Don't let the score bother you there. It won't.

Since they seem about the same, assuming you can get an updated score as well daily, I would go for the best deal. And it appears that would be IG. Go for it. It is all the same repositories where they each get their info from. Should be minimal differences in the two.

Someone with IG or experience with them might want to chime in. I have never had them, so I am not speaking from personal experience.

Hi, thank you for answering

I found this on IG

With our 3-in-1 Credit Report, you get unlimited online access to a consolidated report of your credit report history with side-by-side data compiled from Equifax®, Experian®, and TransUnionSM. This gives you a comprehensive view of your credit report history and also makes it easier for you to verify the accuracy of the information at each credit reporting agency.

and Privacy Guard has three programs - I was looking at the all-in-one online

Triple-Bureau Credit Score, Analysis & Comparison

what do you think?

Privacy Guard will allow you to pull your report ONCE a month. They will allow you to look at the same report as many times a day you would like.

Not very useful for me.

I use TrueCredit.

I don't know if things have changed since the time that I was enrolled with privacyguard a few years ago. But a word of warning. If someone decides to enroll, you'll probably need to contact the company Trilegiant and ask to be opted out of marketing offers and information sharing. Before I finally caught on to the connection, I couldn't figure out why I was receiving a ton of marketing offers by phone. Many of them were at early hours of the morning. I also for a time received many of the deceptive "checks" where the "check" is worth 4 or 5 bucks. But then there is the fine print saying that redeeming the "check" signifies that you are agreeing to be enrolled in some service.

Here is a sampling of complaints against Trilegiant. There are many more complaints that I've read that I could dig up:

"Interesting story on Trilegiant, PG, BofA PS, MCK"

|

--> "Inside Trilegiant's Marketing Machine"

By Martin H. Bosworth

ConsumerAffairs.Com July 21, 2005

Here is another option. This one works for me since it is mainly my Equifax report that I need to monitor. Equifax has a number of products. There was a thread here discussing this:

"equifax products worth it?"

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26285

I've been subsribing to Equifax Credit Watch Gold for a few weeks. It's easy to use and offers daily pulls (of just your Equifax report) if a person were so inclined to pull daily.

Hi---

Just tried to sign in with PrivacyGuard.com last night. They took my info and credit card and now says I can not see info for my own security. That's it. I sent several e-mails that bounced back. I found another e-mail and was asked to call a 800 number to discuss. They should have told me to do this over the phone to begin. I have asked them to cancel. I do not want to talk to anyone and I am very disurbed that it appears they plan to charge my card without any service.

Has anyone had this happen? :?:

jh

I am trying to learn about the scores and why they are so different. I did a search on this site, but have not found the answer to my question. Can you only get FICO scores from the myfico.com? Who does PG use? Because my experian score with them is 609. But on Truecredit.com my experian score is 564. Do either one of these use FICO?

I have also noticed that my trans and Equi are higher on PG also. If you can answer this or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks.

P.S. This site is the bomb. Since I joined this site in February, here are my results:

TU was 497 now 512

Exp was 479 now 609 (big jump??)

Equi was 489 now 535

Hi---You must pay for Fico Scores---My Fico---you will know it is the right place. If you seriously want to help yourself and prevent lots of search and mistakes, Order the Good Credit Sexy book. Will save you tons. Will answer your questions and slow down some of the basic searching..

I did a search on this site, but have not found the answer to my question.

Did you do a search for "Privacy Guard", "PG", "TrueCredit", "TC", "myfico", "myfico.com", "FICO", "scores"??

I'm going to pick on you, vibrance, today b/c you've been a member since February and should know better. :hmph:

All of these (& there are plenty more words you can use for a search) will yield the right results that you're looking for. This topic has been discussed and exhausted so many times recently. I know b/c I've answered different variations of the same question...w/ the same answer.

Try reading up in the "Credit Bureaus" forum. Many of the questions are answered there. But as a favor (I'm not too much of in a bad mood today :wink: I usually get very irritated by this)...here's the simple answer...

The ONLY true scores are FICO scores (bought from myfico.com or your EQ FICO @ equifax.com). Scores from PG, TC, MCK, EX, etc...are ALL FAKOs. So, don't pay them any attention as far as accuracy goes. Their purpose is to only serve as a monitoring tool.

Thank EarthAngel for the answer to my question, I appreciate your help, bur as far as the other comments- I really do love this site, and when I get a chance I read as much as I can. (sneaking at work when the boss is not looking) But you must realize everyone doesn't have unlimited access on the net. If I could I would sit on this site for hours on end. I have very limited access to the internet. I actually thought I was doing pretty good with how much I have accomplished since I found this site in February. To answer your question, I did a search for "fico", "True Credit", "scores", and "privacy guard" although I got good info, I did get an answer to my specific question. So thanks again for your help.

P.S.

Hopefully, I with the way my scores are going up I will be able to get a computer and get online and read from the privacy of my own home.

I truly do understand your situation, vibrance. I apologize if I sounded too harsh. (I have the tendency to be quite blunt and straightforward :oops:) But on this site, we strive to help those who help themselves. I, personally, become irritated when the same question (different versions) is asked several times w/in the past few days. The time one would spend typing a question, they could spend finding their answer. Credit Repair does take an excessive amount of time. If one doesn't have time, then expect CR to take a lot longer to achieve. So you'll know, there are a couple posts you will need to read prior to posting on this site. These should help you along the way and can prevent receiving posts like mine...

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=24

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24558

EarthAngel,

Thanks for the links! I can understand your point of view also. I plan to also buy the book Good credit is Sexy as jh1514 referred. With limited funds, I was trying to spend as little, but I am seeing it is will help to go ahead and get the book.

I thank God for this site! Well better go before my supervisor catches me red handed...