I have had a providian card for abiut 15 months. It came with a 3500 limit. I have always paid early and right now my balance is about 2200. I would like a credit increase, can I just call and ask?

All they are going to tell you is they do random checks...they review your account and they'll issue you a CLI. I've asked trust me...It may be different try calling and asking.

They do not allow you to ask for a CLI. Fyi, they upped my limit from 2k to 2.5k after 9 months of using it and paying in full every month. And I have pretty crappy credit overall (recent Bk7). I think that balance is killing any chance of you getting an increase.

I have a Paypal Providian Visa with an initial limit of 4k. After using it for about I would say 6-9 months, paying more than the minimum, sometimes paying off the balance (depending on how much it is), they gave me a CLI automatically. The limit became $5500 without me asking. I didn't know it until I logged on to check my balance, and there it was a higher limit. Providian I would say is one of the unpredictable card issuers. They denied my initial application, but after applying for the second time, they gave me a card. Go figure! :roll:

I hate it that they always send me checks encouraging me to use/maxed out my limit. Always reminding me that my limit is now over 5k, so therefore I should spend it. Yeah right! I don't want to go into anymore debt unless I could pay it off! I'm sure most of the people here in the board feels the same. :wink: Does anyone here know how to stop Providian from sending the checks? What I am afraid of is that, it gets into the wrong hands, then what? :x

I hate it that they always send me checks encouraging me to use/maxed out my limit. Does anyone here know how to stop Providian from sending the checks?

They are relentless, aren't they? Three times per month I get a thick envelope full of blue and yellow checks. They are out of control. CapOne sends them to me monthly, but Providian is now the king of my mailbox.

What do you do with the checks? Do you keep them or shred them? So far, I have a folder for all the checks I received. Not that I would use it someday, but just to keep them there until I have time to shred it into tiny pieces...

The problem with these checks is that, if it gets into the wrong hands (take your pick who) it could become a disaster for the cardholder. Don't you agree cavazos007 :?

I read somewhere, I just can't remember where, that we could ask the card issuer to stop this. I have not inquired into it yet, once I do, I will definitely let you guys know.