help imcredit challanged

AM-EX CO (im ready to pay)

I have a vague question. From what I have read, AM-EX is a pain to deal with. I have an old Charge Off with them from 3 years ago. I am on my feet again and am ready to pay and play. It’s a relatively small amount and I can afford to pay in full,. Despite the length, they have not sold it off. What is your experience in negotiating the TL. Obviously, if I’m paying in full (close to a grand) I want a closed paid in full.

AMEX has an oasis program that basically gave people a second shot on outstanding balances. This may be a good program for you to get into, if you can. You can satisfy your old debt and help build new credit.

Info from another board regarding AmEx Oasis program:

You can call to see if you would qualify for the program.If you do, they will give you an initial credit limit equal to half of what your original credit limit was on the card you defaulted and if you do well they will consider you for other cards. The number, in case anyone is interested, is 1-888-232-3261.

If you just want to pay and have it done with try to get a PFD or atleast a PIF letter.

Its good to see people asking how to go about paying a debt v/s how to not pay it from time to time :D

AMEX has an oasis program that basically gave people a second shot on outstanding balances. This may be a good program for you to get into, if you can. You can satisfy your old debt and help build new credit.

You can call to see if you would qualify for the program.If you do, they will give you an initial credit limit equal to half of what your original credit limit was on the card you defaulted and if you do well they will consider you for other cards. The number, in case anyone is interested, is 1-888-232-3261.

If you just want to pay and have it done with try to get a PFD or atleast a PIF letter.

Its good to see people asking how to go about paying a debt v/s how to not pay it from time to time :D

My debt to AMEX is 6yrs old. Does a PIF restart the 7yr clock at the CRA for all my creditors? Tks

:D

I just called the number and they said it's the wrong department and didn't know where to forward the phone number??? Okay, called different number. They said Amex Oasis program isn't offered to accounts that have been paid off more than 3 months ago in the past.

I just called the number and they said it's the wrong department and didn't know where to forward the phone number??? Okay, called different number. They said Amex Oasis program isn't offered to accounts that have been paid off more than 3 months ago in the past.

You have not paid yours as yet. I did the Oasis program. I called them before i paid and they sent the application form. I got the Optima 500 and then i applied for the delta skymiles i got `4000 Cl. They wont give me any increase as yet. and the Optima CL will never increase.

but any way do a search on "oasis program". I know i posted a number on the board.

Oh by the way if you pay in full the SOL does not matter even if your state resets the SOL, since there is nothing to collect. The account is paid in full.

I paid the chargeoff in full amount back in 2004 (to NCO). They said it's old to be considered under Oasis program. But, they also said I'm welcome to apply for a new Amex card but I don't know if that's a good idea.

What are your scores? I paid and I applied for the delta. i got it. I think if your scores are high enough they will give you the card. If your scores are at least 630 give the delta a try.