Well Buck I guess we will never know the answer to the question. I searched high and low for the 5.9% APR for 60 months ... can't seem to find it. How about you?
Actually, Buck received a PM with the pertinent details. Not everyone likes to go blabbing on internet forums with info about where they do their local banking.

Blabbing is one thing and sharing information with others is a good thing! What is the difference between saying I got a car loan thru Patelco at a low rate or Hooters gives an easy card then you sharing with other's on the site where you obtained a good loan for a MC (we don't know your name or account number). Everyone here is blabbing as you say when they pass the information on ... what is the difference? You asked in a previous post “Help me find a new card please!” ... should people not tell you or others because they are blabbing? Get real ... we all on this site share a common thread ... and all of us are trying to get on with life after having some set backs. True colors always show … no matter how some try and hide them!

Hinky - you are right and I am wrong! In hindsight no one on this site owes anyone anything. I do not think saying the name of a financial institution or the name of a MC dealer really infringes into someone’s personal finances ... but all in all and taken into consideration I was wrong with what I posted! I will be more careful next time to what I ask for and what I share with others! I got a grip ... Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Where is a good place to get a motorcycle loan at? Besides credit unions cause the ones where I live want you to borrow at least 7500.00 and all I need is 5000-6000.

I think Cap One also will not let you borrow less than 10,000.00.

-Buck

I'm not a financial advisor but seems to me if you can get the 10k at a much lower APR get the loan and turn right around and make a payment of 4k. Then make regular monthly payments and that would show good right?

I got a bike through Kawi back in '02, who uses/used HSBC with a credit score in the 630's at the time. Problem with MC loans are that they really aren't "secured", as bikes are typically very easy to steal/conceal/part out and rebuild/etc.

I wonder if Honda would still turn you down with something like $500 or $1000 down...

I hope you find something, few things are more fun than riding! :D

I went to Kawi this past weekend and was looking at a few of their bikes. I think that is the route I am going to have to take is putting some money down or just save up and buy one used from someone now. I really have no idea yet. My wife has the Funancing card, but the interest rate is way higher than I like.

And you are right; there are not many more things as exciting as twisting the throttle.

-Buck

I went to Kawi this past weekend and was looking at a few of their bikes. I think that is the route I am going to have to take is putting some money down or just save up and buy one used from someone now. I really have no idea yet. My wife has the Funancing card, but the interest rate is way higher than I like.

And you are right; there are not many more things as exciting as twisting the throttle.

-Buck

Off topic, but what are you looking for in a bike? Are you relatively new to riding? Reason being, if you are, I know a lot of great bikes you can get for relatively low $... Depending upon what you want, your style, 3K can generally get you some pretty damn good stuff... In both the used cruiser and sportbike realms... :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about getting a motorcycle for about 24k out the door putting about 4k as a down payment. Does anyone have an idea of what my chances are?

My TU: 682, EX: 676, and EQ: 658. The only negative thing on my report is a charge off for about $400 in May of 2002 which I'm currently in the debt validation process. The length of my credit history is about 7.5 years and I make over 75k. I'm currently shopping around for the best apr between the credit unions, but am reluctant to do the loan unless I'm sure I can get approved for a decent loan.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

• 2 years later...
Okay. So I could try Harley. Anyone have any dealings with them here on this board? Looks like they use this company - Eaglemark Savings Bank - anybody has any clue as to who these people are and if they would help me out?

-Buck

Eaglemark Savings Bank is the finance wing of HD. I was looking for a loan that was less than 10K last year. HD was the only one that would loan under 10K and it had to be a harley. Harley has this plan called dealer assist. If you find a harley from an individual or another brand shop they will buy it and sell it back to you. They charge a couple of hundred dollars and require a saftey inspection before they will close the deal. All in all you have to come up with $500.00 plus some sort of down payment before they will make the loan. I had mininal OK credit at the time (high 500's). The interest rate is 20%. I have had this bike for about a year and I'm about to try to trade up with a new loan at a lower rate or refi the current loan.

Where is a good place to get a motorcycle loan at? Besides credit unions cause the ones where I live want you to borrow at least 7500.00 and all I need is 5000-6000.

I think Cap One also will not let you borrow less than 10,000.00.

-Buck

Cap1 doesn't make motorcycle loans

My beau just bought his first motorcyle this week for about $4000. He's been a Cap1 customer forever, but they turned him down b/c they won't lend less than $7500. So, he opted for American General Financial Services (they have a local office here) and received financing w/in one day. I couldn't tell you about their terms though. You would have to call them to find out more or someone here can chime in on other recommendations.

American General has a minimum of 7500.00 but they will only make loans for 36 months. The rate was in the lower teens but the short duration runs the monthly cost really high.