hinky

hinky's personal DV RANT space (help, California experts)

If anyone sees anything I am missing please feel free to point it out. I welcome ANY advice. This is where I will keep my DV stories, rather than making a new thread for everything that happens.

First off, I want gripe about some of these smug CA's who think that I will be intimidated if they send me a request for a police report rather than validation. In a form letter, no less. I am sending another DV letter their way, but with an added stern paragraph which lets them know I am NOT a pushover.

I am also amused by an OC who has basically passed off doing any work to their CA. I could care less about the CA, because they aren't on my credit report - the OC is. They sent me one paragraph telling me how to contact so-and-so CA. Well, I live in Cali. So they are getting a crash course in the law and a reminder that they of all entities should have SOME original record of the account, and if they do not produce it, they will have to delete. It is also marked obsolete on one CRA so I'm hoping my CRA disputes dispose of that one since the OC wants to be so lazy.

Another CA sent me a computer print-out from another CA! :lol: They are getting the 'this is not validation, morons' letter. It also came with a bill, so I reminded them that they are in violation. edit: Deleted!

Successes: NCO deleted 2 accounts, and will probably delete a 3rd if I

can help them locate it. These were accounts that I paid. edit: all three are now deleted. :)

I also got rid of a judgement on Experian that didn't belong to me, but TransUnion just sent me a stupid form letter that had nothing to do with my dispute. Just a list of how long they report which types of accounts.

edit: now just waiting for EQ to remove this one.

One CA didn't respond to my letter that a debt was beyond state SOL but instead sold it to another CA, making a new and incomplete blemish on my credit with Equifax. There isn't even an amount on it. Boy are THEY in trouble. edit: this CA has now deleted all accounts.

I have 6 million letters to mail and more to write! Next up: disputing inquiries and another round of CRA disputes.

Thanks for reading; it helps to air this out with other people who know what it's like.

Transunion's letter is standard. Don't worry about that. Chances are you'll still get some deletions from them.

GOLD!

Discoved a new derogatory account on my credit. Get this -

It's one of the same accounts. It's paid. It is listed as original balance of $20 - current balance, zero. This is a new and different CA. Showing a derogatory account on my credit, with a zero balance, date of last activity, RECENT. THOSE BASTARDS. They did it in retaliation.

They have messed with the wrong consumer.

edit: this CA has relented! See 2 posts below

I could use some advice. I ask a lot because I want to confirm that Im doing everything properly.

Since I'm in California I DV'd 2 OC's, Providian and an electric company. I have the green cards and their 30 days is up tomorrow. Can I now send letters to the CRA's, copies of the green cards, cite appropriate laws, and request deletion? deleted!

Any advice would be appreciated, while I research to make sure I get it right. :) Thanks

So much for replies. Anyone interested in adopting a newb? For anyone who reads this thread, I'm going to start putting the successes in Blue and will also edit older posts the same way.

I DV'd a paid account, hoping that since 2002 they'd have no idea what I was talking about and delete. I know they don't have to validate, but I wanted to see what their response would be. They, apparently, for being 'attorneys', do not know this - they sent back a computer print-out. This account was only on one CRA. This was paid in 2002. They have now decided that they are going to report this account to the other 2 bureaus. Seems like a very wrong and reactionary thing to do. But is it illegal? I sense not, but if they wanted to report this account to all CRA's they should have done it over 4 years ago. Can someone please advise?

Good news with another CA:

I offered PFD on some SUPER OLD debts in exchange for deletion of one still on my CR. They accepted but didn't put it in writing. I thought they were trying to be sneaky and get out on a loophole, so I re-wrote them, including a PFD agreement and sterner language (I expressed being upset because they had reported a duplicate listing of the same paid account). They wrote back and basically said "We deleted them all, and DO NOT SEND US ANY MONEY because the debts are too old to validate". They even signed my form but again said 'send no monies'. I had a total of 4 accounts with them (as far as I know, anyway, again they were REALLY old). I also wrote about SOL and my absolute defense, adding that I didn't have topay them a cent, but that I was trying to work out something that would benefit both of us.

They even sent me signed copies of all 4 of their requests for deletion via E-OSCAR (the Universal Data Form). I have never read about anyone else receiving these from a CA before! Has this happened to anyone else? I am really pleasantly surprised and gratified to have these in my hands.

If anyone has any advice about my other situations please chime in! Thank you :D

Sorry, these are what I need help on:

I could use some advice. I ask a lot because I want to confirm that Im doing everything properly.

Since I'm in California I DV'd 2 OC's, Providian and an electric company. I have the green cards and their 30 days is up tomorrow. Can I now send letters to the CRA's, copies of the green cards, cite appropriate laws, and request deletion?

Any advice would be appreciated, while I research to make sure I get it right. :)These are deleted!

and

I DV'd a paid account, hoping that since 2002 they'd have no idea what I was talking about and delete. I know they don't have to validate, but I wanted to see what their response would be. They, apparently, for being 'attorneys', do not know this - they sent back a computer print-out. This account was only on one CRA. This was paid in 2002. They have now decided that they are going to report this account to the other 2 bureaus. Seems like a very wrong and reactionary thing to do. But is it illegal? I sense not, but if they wanted to report this account to all CRA's they should have done it over 4 years ago. Can someone please advise?

A question on this - wouldn't making NEW listings w/CRA's who've never been notified of this account before constitute further 'collection activity' per California laws? They shouldn't be damaging my credit by newly listing something that was already paid off in 2002. I'm trying to understand whether there is anything I can do about this, especially if they DO go through with this. Does its paid status mean that it's not considered time-barred? Any help would be most appreciated.

Ah. Thanks for clarifying. :lol:

That's a good question. There are quite a few here who are way more versed in Cali rules than I.

No problem. I changed the title so hopefully the Cali experts will have a look. :)

Well it's now been close to 40 days on the 2 OC's I DV'd. I most likely will never get a response, but I should have disputed these with the CRA's when I did this, too. I suppose I am stuck waiting for results of CRA disputes (so that I can correctly follow procedure on the Dispute w/Original Creditors link). After that I'll try MOV, too.

deleted! :D

Another CA sent me a computer print-out from another CA! They are getting the 'this is not validation, morons' letter. It also came with a bill, so I reminded them that they are in violation.

Got a certified letter today - DELETED!! I don't know why i'm so happy about this one. I guess since I had to write them twice, I didn't expect them to ever actually comply. I'm ecstatic over this one.

Since I'm in California I DV'd 2 OC's, Providian and an electric company.

Providian is gone! The utility company is gone except from TU and I'm working on that. It could just be that TrueCredit isn't up-to-speed on this one.

:BigDance::DiscParty::PartyTime:

hinkey... are you saying our good old California Electric Company...

Deleted? PerhapsGood&Energy might fall?(did'nt want to name any names :x )

I DVed them, (PAID acct from2004/ DOL 2001)

and got my green card dated 5/15/06... So here's my question...

Did you simply send Green Card and a letter to CRA's?

If you could clarify your steps it would be greatly appriciated.

Of 13 baddies on my EQ report, all are gone EXCEPT

Perhaps Good & Energy... and another local utility.

hinkey... are you saying our good old California Electric Company...

Deleted? PerhapsGood&Energy might fall?(did'nt want to name any names :x ) I DVed them, (PAID acct from2004/ DOL 2001)

and got my green card dated 5/15/06... So here's my question...

Did you simply send Green Card and a letter to CRA's?

If you could clarify your steps it would be greatly appriciated.

Of 13 baddies on my EQ report, all are gone EXCEPT

Perhaps Good & Energy... and another local utility.

You originally asked for "California Experts" and you got me?

What's up with your Karma? J/K :D

Hinky,

Can you post which CA's you have had success with and what you feel pushed them to delete?

Thank you.

Credit Systems Intl, was an old gas account, reported as a credit account - DV'd twice

RMA for an old utility bill, DV'd (via NCO)

NCO for old utility bill- DV'd

NCO again - DV'd

An OC - an Oklahoma utility company - DV'd

A bad check collection, paid - PFD but they deleted and told me not to send them any money becasue the acct was too old

A duplicate paid bad check acct, disputed with CRA's

Old Providian Account - DV'd

Judgment that wasn't mine - disputed with CRA's

2 duplicates of same student loan accounts

A small CA in Cali for amedical bill - Goodwill letter

Disputed another paid, bad check with CRA's

None of the OC's replied to me, they just deleted. The utilities were all older and in Oklahoma. I'm sure they deleted becasue they had no info on me anymore. At least one of them was possibly an ID theft from a long time ago; I know for sure that at one time (1999, 2000?) a gas bill was opened in my name by someone that I knew. I had to file a police report to fix it in 2001 or 2002. The account was a couple of years old before I ever found out. The same person did it to my ex's credit, too, pretending to be me (married to him). It has been relatively easy so far, just lots of waiting and writing.

Have had to DV another twice, they are also reporting a utility account as if it were an installment account, and if they don't delete they're gonna be in big twubble. They have 4 days left to respond to the last letter. Then they will get one more warning. If they ignore that they will get an ITS... you know the rest.

Who do you put the pressure on to delete when the reporting is in error,

i.e. something listed as a credit account when its a utility bill - the CA, the CRA, or both?

Thanks for the info - I have alot of similar stuff...

I just DV'd twice. I didn't have to bring up the innaccurate reporting with one CA, but I think I may have to with the one that's left. I have already DV'd this one twice, too, and they have ignored my letters so far, so my next letter will talk about that if they don't delete and I have to write them again. I'll let you guys know how they respond to that.

There's a thread where I asked about this kind of reporting here:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45530

Holy crap, it looks like rather than responding, that CA is deleting, too! They have fallen off of Experian.

Experian, at least through my TrueCredit srvice, is always the first CRA an account disappears from. Anyone else experience this?

Credit Systems Intl, was an old gas account, reported as a credit account, was an old charge off - DV'd twice

RMA for an old paid utility bill, DV'd (via NCO)

NCO for old paid utility bill- DV'd

NCO paid acct again - DV'd

An OC - an old charge off utility company - DV'd

A bad check collection, paid - PFD but they deleted and told me not to send them any money because the acct was too old

A duplicate paid bad check acct, disputed with CRA's

Old Providian Account, charged off YEARS ago - DV'd

Judgment that wasn't mine - disputed with CRA's

2 duplicates of same student loan accounts

A small CA in Cali for a paid medical bill - Goodwill letter

Disputed another paid, bad check with CRA's

New:

Portfolio Recovery - DV'd twice

AWA - PFD

Awaiting results of:

1 Goodwill for paid collection (paid 4 years ago), a Goodwill to a dealership to remove MANY inquiries (we bought three cars there, the inquiries added up), and 4 DV's (one of these accounts is NOT on CR, and it better not show up). I also have 7 student loan related baddies, but I just made my 11th rehab payment, so at least two of these will change to old, current acounts. Hopefully ALL the bad marks will come off, but that doesn't always happen. Can't wait to check it out in about a month.

Hinky,

For those NCO TL's, Have you tried to email Lisa Signore? Read the NCO success posts. I was skeptical at first about emailing the higher ups. I figured, what do I have to lose? So I did.

ALL NCO Deleted from my files!!! Paid, Unpaid, New, Old. ALL GONE!!

Regards,

Lyle

Holy crap, it looks like rather than responding, that CA is deleting, too! They have fallen off of Experian.

Experian, at least through my TrueCredit srvice, is always the first CRA an account disappears from. Anyone else experience this?

Yes. EX sucks later in the repair process, though, as they get more and more stubborn about deletions.

For those NCO TL's, Have you tried to email Lisa Signore? Read the NCO success posts. I was skeptical at first about emailing the higher ups. I figured, what do I have to lose? So I did.

I've tried E-mailing about some inquiries from them. They claimed they needed a signed letter to proceed. I told them I found that "puzzling." They then sent snail mail stating they've "attempted" deletion without the signed letter. We'll see what happens next with NCO.