ronn

Wolpoff & Abramson

dv them with a fax and certified letter,and keep the proof that the fax was received and record all calls from them if allowed in your state. They will probably screw up. From what I read here, they will probably file a suit. This is what my counsel had me do.

YOu can count on Wolpoff & Abramson to sue you.

They are now even going after anybody that uses the FDCPA on them.

So if you do DV them, or any other legal tools, you know what you are talking about.

With these particluar scum bags you should probably have legal representation.

48k..wow. I'm into them for a little less than 9k myself.

Anyhow, send the DV.

They'll hold onto the account for around 6 months, during which time you'll recieve a couple of BS settlement offer letters (80% or so). Then Fedex or Airborne Express will deliver the arbitration paperwork.

Have you considered BK? If so, still send the DV. Wait it out for a few months, and get whatever violations you can on them. They'll continue collection activity before sending you validation. They may violate a limited C&D ('it is inconvenient for me to be contacted by phone..') So, sue them before filing BK. File bar association, ftc, and attorney general complaints while you're at it. Collect your cash, and then file BK on them--that way they walk away empty-handed :D

Either way, you need to come up with a strategy..quickly. These scumbags are as aggressive as it gets; so fight fire with fire.

Forgot to mention...since this is an MBNA account, they won't sue you. They'll file an arbitration claim with NAF, due to MBNA's unconscionable mandatory arbitration clause in its cardholder agreements. You need to read up all you possibly can. Do searches--on this board, other credit boards, and google, for 'wolpoff' , 'mandatory arbitration', and 'NAF'.

I guess they will sue me soon. They have quit calling after the dv letter was sent and they have received a summons from my lawyer. They say I owe them $1500. Do ya'll think they will back off or come after me full force?

Forgot to mention...since this is an MBNA account, they won't sue you. They'll file an arbitration claim with NAF, due to MBNA's unconscionable mandatory arbitration clause in its cardholder agreements.

Oh, you're dead wrong! W&A will sue, AFTER they win the arbitration, (which is a given!). Trust me I know...

You may be able to delay them for awhile, but in the end, the ball will be in their court!

Sorry for the bad news!

Correction-It won't be MBNA who will sue you, but W&A. I stand corrected!

Forgot to mention...since this is an MBNA account, they won't sue you. They'll file an arbitration claim with NAF, due to MBNA's unconscionable mandatory arbitration clause in its cardholder agreements.

Oh, you're dead wrong! W&A will sue, AFTER they win the arbitration, (which is a given!). Trust me I know...

You may be able to delay them for awhile, but in the end, the ball will be in their court!

Sorry for the bad news!

Correction-It won't be MBNA who will sue you, but W&A. I stand corrected!

They don't sue, per se. They get their BS arbitration award from NAF, and then file a 'motion to confirm arbitration award' in a real court in order to get the award reduced to a judgement. The NAF award is worthless (and unenforceable) unless a judge grants this motion.

You need to be as aggressive as humanly possible with W&A--as they most certainly will be with you. Get some violations on them, and sue. As soon as they get an arb award against you, file a motion with your court to set aside the arb award, before you are ever served with their motion.

The NAF award is worthless (and unenforceable) unless a judge grants this motion.

pulpfiction-Then why,( if the NAF arbitration is useless), does MBNA even use arbitration? Wouldn't you think a judge would see that roughly 98% of the time the NAF rules in favor of the creditor, therefore it's biased?

Does anyone know if they W&A) follow this pattern for other accounts (such as a JDB like Palisades)? In my DV's I also requested proof of the arbitration clause in my original contract -- does that help at all (duh-its W&A- they don't care!!!) Just wondered if anyone had experience with W&A besides the MNBA.