Hardball with CMI

Hi all...i've been at this game since Jan. and this site is great! I recently moved and found out about a Brighthouse Cable account CMI is trying to collect for $46.01. I DV CMI, then the CRA's. CMI sent pointless letters claiming they validated, but clearly didn't. CRA's all verified...yeah right. I sent follow-up DV letter..now its been 60 days and fired off a ITS letter today...whoohoo. These chumps have the gall to keep sending me statements and calling me on the phone. Any advise on how to proceed to small claims court would be great! Thanks!

Hi all...i've been at this game since Jan. and this site is great! I recently moved and found out about a Brighthouse Cable account CMI is trying to collect for $46.01. I DV CMI, then the CRA's. CMI sent pointless letters claiming they validated, but clearly didn't. CRA's all verified...yeah right. I sent follow-up DV letter..now its been 60 days and fired off a ITS letter today...whoohoo. These chumps have the gall to keep sending me statements and calling me on the phone. Any advise on how to proceed to small claims court would be great! Thanks!

These people are the hardest to deal with. I haven't started my DV process with them yet...but I'm about too. Good Luck

Just got home and whudya know...TU report in the mail...1 deletion and 2 late pays GONE BABY!

nevermore-

this TL is assigned to CMI and I don't owe on this account. I moved last summer and when I turned in my cable box, I paid my last bill and everything was taken care of and then I get this collection notice from CMI. The OC said it was in collection and CMI said I had to deal with the OC...so at first I just got bounced around. Then, I found this site because I wanted to clear of some negatives from college. I DV'd CA twice, disputed w/CRA's.

Blue-

This was CMI's validation

Dear,

Our office is in receipt of your letter regarding the above referenced account. We contacted our client and advised them of your letter. Our client advised of this account have (sic) outstanding balance of $46.01 for service. An itemization was sent on April 20, 2006.

Sincerely,

Randy Phelps

Director of Collections

I'm still waiting to see that "itemization". Then they started sending statements again, calling my cell, and reporting to CRA's.

I too got a letter from ol' Randy. Here's what mine said:

Our client, Time Warner Cable submitted this account to our office for collections on 7/18/2001. This account was opened with a social security number ending in XXXX. This account has an outstanding balance of $56.52 for service prior to the disconnect date of 7/18/2001. An update has been sent to the 3 national credit bureaues advising the consumer disputes this account.

So I just sent out the 2nd DV and another dispute to CRA since it came back as "verified", but this time I included a copy of my current bill with Time Warner stating that I found it odd that they would extend me service with an outstanding collection.

We'll see what happens :)

Great news! CMI sent a letter saying that the account is being deleted from my credit file with the CRAs and that the account is closed with their office. It took 2 DVs and an ITS letter. I gave them 5 days on the ITS and their response was very timely...good move for them since I had them on at least 8 violations. I'll be forwarding to the CRAs tomorrow morning for timely deletes.

These guys will play your for a fool, but just put the full court press on 'em and they'll break. Good luck to everyone else that's playin' hardball with these idiots.

• 1 year later...

I thought I was looking at a my response from CMI when I read newbies post.

I have so had it with TWC and CMI.

I got the same letter newbie got and here is my response, any comments, changes I should make.

Attn: Randel Phelps

CMI

4200 International Parkway

Carrollton, TX 75007

RE: Account #

Mr. Phelps,

I received your latter dated 1/14/08 regarding the above accounts. Thank you for your reply.

I adamantly dispute the information provided and am going to take any necessary action to prove the information you are providing to the credit bureaus is false in it‘s entirety.

I realize that you may be looking at your computer screen and relaying the information contained as fact to me, when in fact it is mistaken. I urge you to contact TWC and verify their information is in fact the information you are providing to me and reporting to the credit bureaus. I will not allow Time Warner or CMI to change their information according to what suits their needs.

I have gotten nothing but conflicting information from multiple Time Warner “customer service reps.” And I am absolutely furious about their lack of interest and blatant violations of the law. I assure you, as sure as the sun comes up, they will not collect on any debts I do not owe.

I am attempting to “make good” on any past debts that I may owe but I refuse to pay someone for something that I do not owe. Please do not take any of this as personally, I understand you have a job to do but I do once again ask that you look into this matter thoroughly before I move forward.

My credit is being severely damaged and I am being forced to pay higher interest rates as a result of your trade lines on my report. I am aware of the laws regarding collections of past debts and reporting to the credit bureaus false information.

This is a good faith effort to resolve this matter by deleting any of your trade lines and purging my name, SS # and any other identifiable information from your system. I also request documentation that these “debts” will never be sold for future collections. I have already documented several blatant errors that are compensable according to the FDCPA and I plan on protecting and enforcing my rights.

Please respond promptly to this matter,

Sincerely,

Ive never sued, and Im not sure what I have, but I will take it as far as they want. They are idiots. I have 4 accunts on my report, 2 CMI and 2 from Credit Protection. All are for TWC. I asked them how in the hell could I have all of these different accounts? If I owed you money you wouldnt let me open another right? They reply, "thatsw true, we must have made a mistake" .........you think? Idiots is all I can say.