vibrance

Did not validate correctly

I have 2 collections with CA named Argent Healthcare on my Credit Report. I disputed with the 3 bureaus and sent a DV letter to Argent. After investigating TU deleted one, but verified the other. EQ and EX verified them both and they remain. I did not get a response from Argents DV letter. So I sent Argent a 2nd DV letter including the one I had originally sent, telling them they are in violation and that they need to either delete or verify. Well, they send me a photocopy from the OC, one was from a utility bill and the 2nd was also photocoped with Physicans Network at the top, but doesnt say a certain amount . I had Phys Net send me what they had on me and it says I owe them nothing, when i talked to them they said it didnt go to collection either . The photocopy the CA sent me is very vage- the amount at the bottom is not even certain, and does not match what they are reporting on the credit report. If that even makes sense. What is my next step? I have not heard back from the CRA's yet regarding their method of verification.

File formal complaints against them immediately with both your and their State Attorneys General, and the FTC. Send copies of those "letters" with no amounts listed on them, along with the statement from Phys Net that says you owe nothing.

Simply state this company is attempting to extort money out of you that you do not owe by falsefying documents and placing negative information in your files maintained by the major credit repositories.

You request a thorough investigation into the matter in the event this practice involves other consumers.

Thanks for your response DocDon,

Okay, I checked more into this one, so my situation is a little different. I called the OC- Phys Network again today, to have them send me a more clear copy saying I did NOT owe money, because I had a friend look at the copy they send me and it really was hard to tell if it was saying 0 balance or another balance. Well the lady today searched and found out that I did owe them $30, was even able to pull up the dates and said that it DID go to collections. (the other lady I talked to gave misinformed me and didnt send a good print out) BUT yet still Argent is reporting that I owe $142.00 not $30. The dates that Argent have do not even coincide with the dates this lady gave me. Do you still think I should file a complaint with State Attorney General and FTC or should I file suit with Argent for reporting miss information on my report. Or better yet both Argent and the 3 CRA for verifying the information? And if I do file suit is this simply through small claims court? I wish I was able to show you the documents I am looking at, its like it is totally fabricated, the only thing that is the same on Argents and Physicians network is the account code.

I think you need to reiterate in writing what the OC told you and dispute the balance beyond $30 and tell them if they do not delete this from your CR you will hold them responsiblefor violating the FDCPA for, inter alia, misrepresenting the debt, asking for money they are not entitled to collect, and continuing to collect despite the DV. Say in a separate paragrpah you believe they try, as a business, to hoodwink unsuspecting consumers into paying inflated or phantom bills. Copy your AG and the FTC.

Give them 30 days to tell you the item has been deleted or you will sue.