Getting a TL Put Back On!

macboy

Which is worse 4-5 lates on a TL with years of history or the whole TL deleted? Some of the TL's that I disputed were completely deleted which I know isn't always good. Does anyone have an idea of how much the lates affect the score compared to the TL being completly removed?

Is it easier for the score to get better from a deleted TL or keeping the history and letting time work out the lates?

Finally, how do you go about getting a deleted TL added. I assume you write the OC. Any form letters by any chance?

Which is worse 4-5 lates on a TL with years of history or the whole TL deleted? Some of the TL's that I disputed were completely deleted which I know isn't always good. Does anyone have an idea of how much the lates affect the score compared to the TL being completly removed?

FICO is a strange beast. It depends on how old the lates were. FICO tends to release its grasp after a couple years. If you look at the FICO pie chart, you'll see that history makes up the bulk of your score/profile.

Is it easier for the score to get better from a deleted TL or keeping the history and letting time work out the lates?

Keep building positive history. The goal is to learn the system, learn from your mistakes, and build solid history from there.

Finally, how do you go about getting a deleted TL added. I assume you write the OC. Any form letters by any chance?

Good luck. There are "cloaking" parameters set, but it seems the only information that is ever being reinserted is negative.

Each company that reports to a CRA is assigned a rep. Getting those two together is what you want - somebody to physically resolve the issue. You'd be better off wishing for world peace.

Good luck trying to get a TL added!!!

I had one removed by mistake by the very same company reporting it. I just finished making double payments to pay it off to have a positive TL and BAM I paid it off and it went off my credit report.

I have been working with the original OC for the past three months with no success. They tried to re-enter it four times and still no luck. My next move is to send a letter to my credit union president advising him of this mess and try to get it back on....