Charge off got deleted but collection verified and remains

poblack

Hello all,

After filing a dispute on the phone with TU, I got a CO deleted, but the collection associated with the CO got verified by LVNV. I have sent LVNV 3 DV letters a while back and ony got the Allison Mood affidavit. What should my next move be?

This account is old. TU has a statement that it is estimated to be removed 1/2007 but I'm worried about how this TL is being reported on my other credit reports and when it will be deleted. The original CO was deleted from my Equifax file a couple of years ago but I think it's still on my Experian. The LVNV collection is currently on all three credit reports with date opened as 2/2001.

Since there is no info on the CO account on my Equifax report, when will the collection be deleted from it?

Thanks alot.

Just b/c an OC's TL gets deleted from your CR does not mean that the CA's TL must be removed as well. They're 2 separate entries and must be handled that way. If you've DVed LVNV in a timely manner (per the FDCPA) 3 times, then why aren't you prepared to file a lawsuit? Yeah, it sounds scary, but obviously, DV letters do not scare these freaks. I'm sure that the account is past SOL (since it's about to fall off in less than a year), so you can easily win the case or negotiate dropping the case if they delete the TL. (It has been discussed on this board a few times about how verifying to a CRA w/o providing the consumer w/ validation first constitutes as continued collection activity.)

The CA & OC should have identical information on the account (w/ the exception of "date opened", "date reported", and even "last payment date" if you paid the CA after the OC sold it), meaning...the DOLA & DOFD being reported by the CA should be the same as the dates provided by the OC. As I've recently learned, the DOFD is the date that determines when a negative account falls from your report, but for some reason, the CRAs have been using the DOLA. If they're the same date, then that's less of a hassle for you.

The account numbers are the same and the date the OC said they transfered the account agreess with the time LVNV says their account was opened. That's why I'm asking why the collection account was not deleted.

Hun, that's a Jeopardy question. We never know why CAs do what they do. Just b/c they have the same account numbers and dates does NOT mean that they're a linked TL. All of the dates can be the same, but that only means that their 7½-year period will approach @ the same time. LVNV buys debts. They're totally independent of the OC. If the TL is not past the 7½yr reporting period (according to the DOFD that's being reported on the TL), then not even the CRAs will remove it. Apparently, the OC's TL fell off b4 the period expired (which could've been due to the OC not responding in a timely manner to your dispute).

The "Date Transferred" & "Date Opened" are not the dates that determine when a TL falls from your report; it's the DOFD that you need to be concerned w/. Pull recent copies of all 3 of your reports and see how both TLs are reporting (if they're both still on there). As stated, they both should have the same DOFD. If they don't (& the OC has the correct date), then LVNV re-aged the account, which would explain why the OC's TL fell off & LVNV's didn't.

Wow, thanks for the information. This is really helpful.

The problem is that the DOFD is not stated on LVNV's TL. They probably never had the DOFD. It's not even stated on the OC's tradeline. I had to look up old credit reports and even call the OC to get that date. I'm afraid to call LVNV because you guys say I shouldn't. All I want is this TL to be dropped when time is due.

If you already have the date from the OC, then that's the date you will use to determine when LVNV falls from your report, REGARDLESS of what they're reporting. If it does not fall when it's due, dispute the TL. If LVNV verifies that the TL should report longer, then you should start preparing your lawsuit.