Over the limit - what effect?

Got an email today that my Orchard card went over the limit. Well, at $300 it isn't hard lol I had forgotten I ordered my mom something for mother's day, when I went and both some clothes for a cruise.

Anyway, I went over $60. I went online today and paid $150. I was assessed a $29 over the limit fee.

Does it have a negative effect on my credit though? It will show on my CR as $300 limit, high balance of $360 right? Does that look bad?

Also, do you think it will prevent me from getting a CLI?

I don't know about the "negative effect", but I do know it happened to us. The CR did show high credit of $380, CL of $300 and Last Payment amount of $140 as well as "Pays as Agreed". I also don't know about CLI, we've had the card since 12/05 and so far no CLI, I was going to wait a few more months before requesting one myself.

You would think that it would look just the way it was...you accidentally went over and immediatly took care of it---which in a perfect world should look good :roll:

Yeah I've had the card since 10/05 so I was hoping for a CLI very soon! Hope I didn't screw that up. Like you said, I instantly took care of it. If they'd give me more than $300, I wouldn't go over haha Plus, they just made an extra $29 off of me, that should look good to them too haha

I personally would think an obsessive over the credit limit will be bad..specially if it takes you long to bring your CL down...

Or a late payment might look bad..

You took care of the problem immediately... I don't see how that can have such an adverse effect..