Avenger against scumbags

EXPERIAN REALLY F'ED UP!!! Falsely re-aging!

Ok, I have had an ongoing dispute with crappy old Cross Country Bank. I let them go after college due to a decision to eat and have a place to live or pay them the 400 worth of "account set up fees" and "annual fees" that they charged me to have their worthless card. Then, a few years later, in 2002, I paid them 50% (through NCO), and that was for payment in full. Shoot up to 2005, and I get a collection letter saying I owe the whole balance. I had to dig up bank records proving it was paid, and I got a letter.

NOW, EXPERIAN REPORTS IT AS CHARGED OFF IN 2005! I am thinking of hiring a lawyer this time to make Experian and Applied Card Bank (the successor to Cross Country) pay for this f*** up!!!! I am tired of these a$$hole$ and their disregard for the truth!!!! Experian is run by a bunch of ex-cons on crack!!!! Anybody else have this problem? xSteaminx

I doubt the real problem is with Experian...they are nothing more than a glorified database of information and if somebody reports, they reflect it.

Dispute through Experian (and if they don't do what's required then they have responsibility) but I'd suggest you concentrate most of your effort on the scum that are reporting this.

But I recenly had the same problem come up. My CR shows an account - which is from 13 years ago as open in 2005 - and currently delinquent. I don't know what to do about it. I disputed with the Credit B. but don't know how to contact the company making this report.

How the hell does this happen?? how do these companies get away with reporting things as new?

I'm glad I found this. I'm having a really hard time interpeting experian. Seems as you can't actually find a date of 1st delinquency and where it shows "recent balance/recent payment", it always shows I'm making payments which I'm not. Is this not considered re-aging or am I just reading this wrong? To me, the easiest to read is Equifax. It shows when it was assigned, when it was at it's first 30 day of delinquency and when it is due to be removed but I either I can't read it correctly Experian or they are reporting incorrectly.

Maybe someone can help me interpet this stupid report. If someone thinks they can help but not real sure what I'm trying to say, I can send an example. If it reads as I'm thinking, everything on this CB is being re-aged.

Experian changed a few things on the way their reports look since 6/05.

Now it shows recent balance/recent payment where it used to just show recent balance.

Please tell me if I am wrong here, like I've said before I'm still trying to figure a lot of things out.

Experian reads:

OC: Baptist Hospital

CA: Collection Svcs

Date opened/reported since: 9-03/3-04

Date of status/Last reported: 3-04/3-06

Recent balance/recent payment: $528 as of 3-06

It appears to me as if it is showing I made a payment in 3-06, which I have not made any paymens at all. Am I just hopeless in trying to figure this stuff out?

Call up experian and ask them the DOLA on the account. I have a feeling it will probably still be 2000.

I'd be willing to bet that statement, while false, probably doesn't mean crap when it comes to your credit score.

Robert_Nashville is correct experian is just reporting what they are told. The CA is the one telling experian what to say. I would lean on them.

Call up experian and ask them the DOLA on the account. I have a feeling it will probably still be 2000.

I'd be willing to bet that statement, while false, probably doesn't mean crap when it comes to your credit score.

Robert_Nashville is correct experian is just reporting what they are told. The CA is the one telling experian what to say. I would lean on them.

Well, I feel better. Thanks!

You should understand. Experian and the other CBs are not there for you.

ALthough they make some money off the consumer, their REAL customers are the banks and credit companies. Thats where they make their dough.

So if you think they are going to do anything that might you, the consumer, out then think again. They just will not go out of their way to help us the little guys.

Once you understand that, then you can play their game.

imacosmetologist, the TL is legit.

DO/RS: the 9/3 probably refers to the date of service at the Hospital. The 3/4 refers to when they first reported the debt as a collection.

DS/LR: The 3/4 refers to when the debt was assigned to the collector. the 3/6 refers to when they made their last update to the TL.

The last refers to the whole correct amount owed and, as of 3/6, this is true. Nothing noted as to a recent payment is telling anyone who looks that no payment have been made on the acocunt.