collections help newbie

jasonj813

i recently disputed a med bill with the cra, sayin that it wasnt my account , the ca sent me a letter sayin: we are unable to conduct a reasonable investigation in response to the notice we recieved disputing or questioning the above account because you failed to provide sufficient information to investigate the dispute as required under section 623a8 of the fcra you are required to provide us with a notice that:1. identifies the specific item of the information that is in dispute 2.explains the basis for the dispute and includes all supporting documentation required to substantiate the basis for the dispute

what do i do next i live in florida

another collection question... i had a collection for a apartment it was paid in full. when i checked my cderit report the account was still in collections but it said paid. can that be please help im new to the forum so please go easy on me

If you disputed through the CRA, section 623 doesn't apply - that's for disputing directly with the furnisher, which you did not do.

The CA has how ever many days left out of 30 to respond to the CRA.

Regarding the apartment, it's reporting as a paid collection. It's perfectly legit, which is why you always try to negotiate the removal of collection info upon receipt of payment.