Refusal Of Arbitration

I am trying to help a friend who got the Arbitration notice. In the stickys up top there is a thread about Master Refusal Arbitration, and someone stated that 3 of those cases cited were no good. Can anyone update this thread for ease of use? Shouldn't it be stricken from the post if its no good?

If you're referring to the discussion in the thread, the consensus seems to be that the court cases cited are valid, although the "Refusal of Arbitration" letter may not be.

As I understand it, the whole arbitration thing is still to be decided in the courts. The tactic that MBNA used to stick the arbitration clause into a change to the T&C's for existing accounts did get slapped down by the Ninth Circuit (I think) but that doesn't mean the whole country would swing the same way. And, including the arbitration in the T&C's for new accounts may still work.

There's no easy answer here. My take is that you should fight it tooth and nail all the way into court...even if they win the arbitration, they still need to turn it into a judgement in order to take money from you.