Discovery Request Question

While in litigation, I requested TU to send me discovery items. I gave them 30 days. If i don't recieve them in that timeframe what is to be done next. Although the trial is set for 6-15-06 I requested a MOD w/o prejudice to Federal Court. My question is if I request these items from TU are they obligated to send them by law.

Technically. yes, but this is often a stall tactic used by the lawyers, not answering. They won't get fined for not answering, and they are prolly betting you don't know enough to take the correct next steps.

I'd file a motion to compell discovery.

You make amotion to compel discovery. Or, if you think that is futile given a 6/15/06 trial, you can make a motion to the court asking TU be precluded from offering any evidence which you have asked for but they have not provided

Recovering, do you have a template for this so I can add it to my docs?

• 2 weeks later...

The small claims court dismissed my case w/o prejudice before TU sent discovery. Later that week Tu sent a letter saying they will not send anything until they get served for Federal transfer case because discoveries requested are not related to case and they have no knowledge of Fed case.

What should I do next?

Can I still request all my files from TU now even though I have not filed case in Fed court yet? or do I have to wait until there is a case?