I Need help ASAP

hawkfan

I called a collection company left a message that I would pay them the full balance tomorrow, but I just found out that one of the bills $200 the Sol has passed on the 12th of this month. Date of service was 5/10/00 to 5/12/00. Can i just pay them the rest of the bill and tell them the SOL has passed for the other bill? Please tell me some good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They didn't even tell me the SOl has passed, creeps.

They didn't even tell me the SOl has passed, creeps.

Now why in the world would they do that? That would put them @ risk of not making $.

Don't pay an expired SOL debt unless it benefits you. They had years to try to collect this debt & were unsuccessful @ it. If this is reporting on your CR, then negotiate a PFD.

The total i owe is $527.00 that is w the past SOL $200 bill, that suks it will still be on report till 07 even though it is past SOL, so if i add a simple letter stating the sol has expired what law should I site? I am going to pay this today!! Thank you for your help

You don't have to cite ANY law, simply tell them that the SOL in your state has expired and you will not be paying that bill. If you feel you must cite law, then dig into your state statutes and find the relevent section on SOL.

The SOL has NOTHING to do with the reporting period for negative tradelines. There is no crossover from state law (the SOL) and FEDERAL law - the FCRA - for stuff to be in your reports. You're stuck with the 7-1/2 year reporting period regardless of the SOL. The SOL is NOT a bar to collection or even a lawsuit. The SOL is an affirmative defense to use if you are sued that will usually get a lawsuit thrown out.