Hsbc/bestbuy and LVNV

mzsyd

Hello, I'm a newbie at all this and I'm totally lost about where to start. I have so many things to fix. I'm confused! On my credit report there is a Hsbc/bestbuy chargeoff for $1048. Then a LVNV collections for $1073. Are they the same accounts...is Hsbc the OC and LVNV the CA?

More than likely, yes. Look at the TL's and you should be able to decipher the listing by connecting dates, etc.

As to resolving this, you will need to give us more info, such as when it went delinquent, any notifications, your state, etc..

I am in California. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a nasty divorce and everything is a blurr. On the report HSBC reported a 120 on 5/05 and LVNV shows on the report as CO starting on 2/06.

HSBC/BSBUY

Account Number: XXXX

Acct Type: Revolving Charge Account

Acct Status: Closed

Monthly Payment:

Date Open: 1/1/2003

Balance:

Terms: Revolving

High Balance: $1,048.00

Limit: $500.00

Past Due:

Payment Status: Past due 150 days

Comments: Credit line closed-grantor request-reported by subscriber

and:

LVNV FUNDING

Account Number: XXXX

Acct Type: Unknown - Credit Extension, Review, Or Collection

Acct Status: Closed

Monthly Payment:

Date Open: 3/1/2005

Balance: $1,073.00

Terms: 1 Month

High Balance:

Limit:

Past Due: $1,073.00

Payment Status: Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

Before you do anything else, know one very important thing. In your divorce, if the judge seperates the debt, such as you're not liable for this debt, forget it. It has no standing. You will still be liable. Divorce decrees do not hold up in debt cases. Too many have found this out the hard way.

Did this collector notify you at any time by mail? If so, did their letter say they were reporting negative information to the CRA's? If not, you have them in violation under CCC 1785.26(B), just for starters. Go to the credit repair section at this site and click on the sticky titled "The Law in Calif . . . .". Once there, you need to read all and click everywhere. California has laws that are more strict than federal.