NJGrl

Experian Lady was mean!

Okay, I must vent because it's Friday and I can't keep this bottled inside all this weekend! :roll:

Last week I called TU to update my addy and delete previous one and that went very smooth.....

Well, today I called Experian and the lady who was assisting me was very mean.. She didn't want to delete the other addys that are there citing, "Well company ABC and XYZ have giving us this addy for you" and so on..

When I went to update the names they had on file (a couple of them mispelling my name)~ she said the same thing...

I don't know if I called an outside calling center because her English was a bit broken.. but she wasn't cooperative at all..

Everytime I would request a change she would tell me why she couldn't do it (because some co. on my CRA reported that info) and to contact them directly for the change!

Well, I had to go b/c I was at work or else I would've told her a few nice things...

I will call later before I leave when the office is much more quiet!

Oh, I'm sooo angry!!!!!! :evil:

I remember you typing "Good Luck with that" when I responded to another post how easy it was for me to get TU to delete... And you're SOOOO RIGHT!!! :roflmao:

This you wrote here is SOOO true I just had to laugh rather than let it upset me..

It's insane. If a creditor makes a mistake on a tradeline, you have the right to get it corrected. If a creditor makes a mistake on your address, too bad. It stays forever because that's what they reported. It makes no sense.

"That's not where I live."

"Too bad. That's where Capital One says you live, so that's where you live."

"But it's wrong."

"It can't be wrong. Capital One says it's right."

"Well, what about that one... I've never lived there."

"Yes you have."

"Uh, I think I know where I've lived."

"Bank of America says you lived there."

"But I didn't."

"And I'm supposed to take your word over theirs?"

"About MY address? yeah!"

"A creditor's typo trumps your so-called 'knowledge' any day."

:roll:xSteaminxXhairX

I called again and spoke to a nicer guy named James. He actually deleted all the wrong spellings of my name and when it came to the address part: NO WAY LADY!

He gave me the same spiel.. He actually told me that for one of them Bank of America listed me as being there! :evil:

I just deleted what I could.. no need to get a hernia on a lovely Friday evening!!

I'll deal with it when I send my disputes..

Now I'm really starting to understand first hand their whole investigation process...

TransUnion: Dear Sleazy Collector, NJGrl disputes this and says this is all wrong!

Sleazy Collector: No it aint!

TransUnion: Okay, thanks Mr. Sleazy Collector!

TransUnion turns around and marks the dispute "Verified and Remains---meets FCRA Requirements!" :evil:

Oh, I REALLY REALLY don't like them!! ::BigGun::

I was actually thinking of including a print out from Google maps or Mapquest stating there was no such address----that probably won't work either :?

and it must be the day for :evil: --see my vent in Obtaining CC

plus I have anther on about EQ I haven't posted on yet!

Nothing works. Even making it clear that in NY City, your apartment number is part of your address. Saying the address is "similar" enough to be considered correct doesn't fly... changing the apartment number is as good as changing the whole address. 123 E. Whatever Street. Apt. 2 and 123 E. Whatever St. Apt 12 are as different and INCORRECT as 123 Elm St. and 133 Elm St. in a suburban address.

So I'm like "no I NEVER lived in Apt. 12 at that address. Someone else did!" and STILL they say I can't change it because someone I no longer have an account with AND is no longer even on my report mistakenly says I did.

How is this acceptable???

that is nuts!! I called and had some deleted and then ended up following up with a CMRRR letter with a copy of my drivers lic (with DL number blacked out) and a copy of a utility bill stating that that was my address and all others are inaccurate and should be removed to prevent ID theft. It worked for me.. so it may be worth a try! :)

And now I check my Experian report to find a perfectly good positive Citi TL... closed in 2001--GONE. No explanation, there was no dispute. It's just GONE.

Experian is starting to really get on my nerves now.

haha... here, let me correct this, to illustrate why they're bastards:

TransUnion: Dear Sleazy Collector, NJGrl disputes this and says this is all wrong!

Sleazy Collector: No it aint! Oh, and by the way, our check is in the mail.

TransUnion: Okay, thanks Mr. Sleazy Collector! And thanks for your business!

TransUnion turns around and marks the dispute "Verified and Remains---meets FCRA Requirements!"

Creditors and collectors pay the bureau's for the right to report to them. The bureau's like to make them happy. Deleting a tradeline might make their real customer angry, so they'd rather ignore the law and screw the consumers. All we do is hassle them about our silly little right to have accurate information on file. :)

that is nuts!! I called and had some deleted and then ended up following up with a CMRRR letter with a copy of my drivers lic (with DL number blacked out) and a copy of a utility bill stating that that was my address and all others are inaccurate and should be removed to prevent ID theft. It worked for me.. so it may be worth a try! :)

Thanks, I'll try that before I do any disputes. I'm sure if I dispute w/those wrong addys and names they'll be verified! :evil:

To Jasen: Sadly but true I've began to understand this. They work for OCs and CAs.. FCRA means nothing to them and unless they're sued constantly for violations they'll never change!

ARRG!! I can't wait until all this is over!! :evil:

NJGirl,

I had success with deleting addys with EX by taking the angle that they are supporting ID theft! If they are listing an addy that I never lived at then they have supported someone applying for credit at that addy and are complacent in their ID Theft protections! Addy was deleted right behind that complaint. (I also mentioned that both EQ and TU deleted that incorrect addy.)

EX has every addy I have live at for the past 25 yrs except the one they deleted at my request. Since I have just put a genuine FA on my CRs, I am going to use that fact to get them to remove ALL but the most recent.

I tried that angle with no luck, even though I told them that at my old address, there was someone with the same last name as me but a different apartment number. I told them they were opening me up to identity theft by allowing an incorrect apt. number to be listed on my report.

They simply asked me if I have indeed been a victim of ID theft. When I said no, the said "then the address remains because it's similar enough to be correct." Meanwhile, at that building, there's 160 "similar enough" versions of the address. They don't appear to understand the concept of apartment buildings. The wrong apartment number is the wrong address, PERIOD.

Well, I've made copies of my DL (crossing out my DL#) and I'll send it to them. I'm not sure if to send that before the disputes (if it helps any!)

Just adding my .02 cents...

I disputed wrong address info about 2 weeks ago, waiting for response. I included the following documentation:

1) My driver's lisence (didn't blackout #, good suggestion for the future), and

2) A copy of a real estate listing for a stip mall... a commercial property with the same address that's on my report. (Google is the isht!)

Still waiting for "verification". We shall see.