fybpm

Pulling Credit

I experienced a major hit to my credit because I have 4 homes all with a 10% HELOC on them. These home equity lines show up as revolving debt and they are all maxed out at 10% of the value.

I have about $260,000 in revolving mortgage accounts and about $280,000 in avaliable credit, so im using up like 93% of my aval credit... which dropped my score from 721 to 624 when I bought the 4 houses last year... No other derogs, No BKs, no late pmts or mortgage lates.. just lots of revolving debt being untilized...

As we all know, HELOC are revolving accounts because they work similar to credit cards, but they are not actually credit cards and they are really hurting my score.

I'm anxious to check how my credit is changing, how is it possible to get updates of my credit score often without hurting my score? I have access to pull it at work but I dont want to do that 1 time a month if it will hurt me?

Anyone??

Yes, use something like truecredit.com, you can see a all 3 reports side-by-side, plus all 3 scores. It will also automatically alert you when changes to your reports are made. There are other sites out there for this, but truecredit.com seems to be what everbody here is using.

And I can check my credit monthly, or weekly, or daily, without any negative effect to my score?

That is what I'm worried about is finding the most up to date copy, without any negative effect... I want to know when something changes or when my scores rise or fall..

Is that how this works?

Yes, it's all "soft pulls" you're the only one who can see that you're pulling your reports. It will automatically alert you when something changes, I don't know if it alerts you when your score rises or falls, but your scores update each time you pull your report.